Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
puff tentacle

WTB...Tautog rod and possibly a reel?

28 posts in this topic

I am looking to buy a conventional rod for Tog's and possibly a light action spinner rod and reel also for togs, exclusively fishing from a boat. I am looking for used, but well kept higher end stuff. Never owned a St. Croix or Loomis but heard good things. let me know what you have. thanks for looking

I have some gear that matches your search.

- Lamiglass 7' Triflex BL7030C 15-30# used but in good condition--------------------$125

- Rogue Inshore GP1S7LS 12-30# slightly used in great condition-------------------$100

- Penn SG5000 Sargus spinning reel ( for Rogue rod)-------------------------------------$ 55

slightly used in great condition

The price if purchased as a group---------------------------------------------------------------$250

The above prices do not include shipping since i don't know the cost of shipping the rods but am willing to split those costs assuming no more than $30 shipping cost. Let me know what you think

not really sure sinker size and line strength, I know that I would like to use it for Blackfishing. I am a novice but I do know that I don't want a real heavy rod but want enough stiffness at the tip of the rod to pull blacks out of the rocks if need be. I hope that helps. thanks

the Lamiglass conventional is mentioned quite often as a good tog rod which is what i used it for. Haven't fish for tog in awhile so i don't need it anymore. Good luck with your search

:wave:

I have a Shimano Compre CPC60XH 6' very stiff musky rod that might suit you. It does not bend at the tip. The whole rod just kind of bows as you put more pressure on it. Like a piece of re-bar or a pool cue.

All fuji components with a carbaloy tip.

Looking for $65 shipped PayPal (reel not included)

I have some gear that matches your search.

- Lamiglass 7' Triflex BL7030C 15-30# used but in good condition--------------------$125

- Rogue Inshore GP1S7LS 12-30# slightly used in great condition-------------------$100

- Penn SG5000 Sargus spinning reel ( for Rogue rod)-------------------------------------$ 55

slightly used in great condition

The price if purchased as a group---------------------------------------------------------------$250

The above prices do not include shipping since i don't know the cost of shipping the rods but am willing to split those costs assuming no more than $30 shipping cost. Let me know what you think

* Edited * BST rule does not allow me to offer to buy unless I am the OP. Cweed if you want you can post your own For Sale thread on the Lami.

I dont know anything about the rogue inshore, and I think the penn is slightly larger than I wanted. As far as the spinning combo goes I am looking for a light action smaller reel than the 5000. I primarily want to use this to fish for blackfish in skinny water using a 1/4-3/4 jig head. The size fish i am targeting are 4-7lbs. thanks

I've got a Slammer 460, Daiwa 2600 Whisker, a Calcutta 250, 400, Newell 229. I'm sure I have other gear as well. Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

Puff,

I don't have a spinner (that I would like to sell) at this time. However, I have 2 conventional rods that might work for you.

First is a 7' quantum blue runner inshore BRIC70MHA Medium Heavy Line Wt. 10-25 lb lure wt. 1/4- 2 oz. Used just 2 times in the kayak, it is near mint $50. This is light an sensitive, though it might be better for inshore fluking and schoolies.

Second is an older Daiwa Sealine-X composite rod that is now 6'3" long ( I cut the butt end, glued an extension and put x-flock over cork tape) SL-X B661MHR rated 2-6 oz 20-50lb line. It is not a fast action rod but I've used this for tog, fluke, porgies, and seabass years ago. $30.

I pass through the Triangle Center area Tues-Fri every week, and live ~ 15-20 minutes north of there if you ever want to see these rods. pics coming soon.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0