live white grubs for trout

TheKnot

Thanks guys , i have a nice 21 acre pond a few miles from my house .It has many bullheads and largemouth there i will give them a shot . As for the trout i will stay with my rooster tails and mepps , i have also used worms meal and night crawlers in the past . my uncle used to farm his own mealworms , i may do the same for my trout bait . Spent a hour or so with some berkley powerbait targeting some bullheads tonight no takers . chris .

Well, that makes sense. I had thought that the grub was the larval stage and the midge you show was the pupa stage of the cicada. Instead, it appears that they are different animals. Looks like I am reteaching the boy, LOL

I have become too old to drink bourbon on the rocks. I will still drink it in the parking lot. 

sweet water your correct , there only there at the end of the season when i turn over my gardens . Grow them is the wrong term , anyway as tin said they work like crazy here on LI also . Got out to the river today and had a small hook filled with grub suspended about 2ft under a bobber . I was able to hook up with a few little trout , first fish on my new setup . The shimano sellus is nice at 6' 8" medium power, fixed with a small okuma stratus cs-25 winch so far is solid . Both fish where released

these little guys where a product of the fall stocking . TIn your post got me out there with the grubs thanks again chris