Dubs

What type of Yak are ya paddlin?

44 posts in this topic

Started with a Slayer 14.5 which I purchased from Jon S. (RIP) I knew absolutely 0 about fishing from a kayak,he turned out to be a real help and eventually a friend. After a little time on the water I realized that I really loved this sport. But I wanted something better for covering distance; back to Jon he hooked me up with a great deal on an Eddyline Caribbean 14 . I can’t say enough about this so I will just say I love it! Finally a couple years ago I purchased a Revolution 16 great in rough water very fast and a blast to fish on or just cruise around. I’m knocking around the thought of picking up a sail-kit and the small set of amas. I just think it would be a blast to rip around the Raritan on that set up!

I have a Native Watercraft Slayer 13 propel. Its a stable fishing platform, but heavy. I wrestled with this thing, getting it in an on my SUV for a couple seasons, then finally got a small trailer for it. Pedaling with the propel unit works well, but paddling is very good too, tracks nice. Right now I'm rigging it with a 4 stroke Honda 50cc air-cooled motor so I can cover more water. (coastal south Florida) I don't know that I'd recommend this kayak over others for fishing. This is the one I bought 6 years ago, and I just stuck with it and modified it to suit me.

Ive been paddling a green Future Beach Trophy 126 for over 10 years,  its small and does rivers very well.  Although I may need a new one soon, slightly bigger and sit on top.  Ive caught all sorts of fish from bass, stripers, cats pretty much all the freshwater fish in SC.

Just got the born salty breakwater 12. Great kayak. Super fast and very stable. Massive 550lb capacity yet only weighs around 85 pounds. Great hobie style drive. 

Just recently bought the Seastream Angler 120 PD. Have not taken it out on the maiden voyage because of friggin side jobs on my days off! 

I just received a CK1 Venture kayak from Crescent Kayaks.  It is my 1st new kayak in 20+ years and will replace my 20+ year Walden Scout (definitely got my money’s worth out of that one!). Very excited to get it out on the water when things warm up!

1C0D101D-5EA0-4590-B8BB-79D737F94719.jpeg

F&S Eagle Talon 12.  Budget kayak but I love it, after adding stuff to it.  Have had it for many years and still kicking. 

Also have an old Outback that I'd like to sell/trade for an Old Town.

I got a jackson bite for 2021. I'm pretty impressed with it, even in the surf. It's pretty slow though.

Next year I will be looking for something longer/faster.

10 hours ago, cheech said:

Your paddling a Hobie? I thought I was the only one!

5A0DACCC-F0E7-4B14-B8D1-D09BADB27951.png

Sorry man! I am in one and I love it, there a re few small things that annoy me but overall I cant complain.

Thats great your dog is with you :clap: