True Die Hard Fishermen Where Are They

Rate this topic

lockbox

the reason i closed it was the negativity out numbered what i was attempting to request from others. the terrible storm which struck and hurt so many is and was a factor which i did not attempt or try to diminish it's horrible outcome my thought and prayers are with all that were touched by that terrible storm. when members put this in the thread i truly can't respond it looks lile i don't care or understand and i do so it is best for me to close it due to that fact alone. i can and have always handled those who enjoy attempting to block or harass a thread.

my thanks are with you .a few understand what i was attempting to convey and i know you are one of them. thanks again BOB

I think it was most likely just bad timing BOB, many people directly affected have lost everything and if i was in that situation i honestly would be pretty pissed myself. I and i hope everyone else knows that you were not trying to start controversey, you were just wondering where peoples heads were at and i think that's been answered.

i go out just about each day and due to the fact that there are many less fishing area's to fish in.Due to the past storm.I see only one a few two fishermen or women each day so those who talk the talk due they walk the walk. i don't think so. where are those guys who love the sport of surf fishing.. it's cold out today i will saddle up and go to one of the only spots out there.Why because someone has to keep it honest .I have to know if the herring are making there run on my part of long island. i don't want to miss some of the best fishing there is if they come in. i know it's a long shot due to all the spots shut down but i have to try that is who i am. there have been years past where one or two of us have found the herring hitting the beach with bass on them and boy was it great fishing . many times it was an hour each day usually it was two hours before sun set no matter what the tide is. the bass where in the high 20s to low 30's . i hope a few hard core fishermen who are out there with me find them . the only large problem this year is we are limited to where we can hunt . that makes it very very difficult. so good luck to those who are willing to endure the cold and burn all that gas to find a spot to fish.

Some guys just decided to hang it up after Sandy

I've been out a few times since - ran into one nice fish and mostly schoolies since Sandy

Place that was real productive for me prior to the storm is inaccessible (unless i had a boat) so been making due with what I can fish

Was out Friday night from 6pm-1am or so - nothing but cold wind and some branches

Won't be able to get out this weekend with family B-day parties on both days so hoping for one more trip (at least) before i hand it up

9 times out of 10 the guys that fish the most are the biggest losers in the real world, the rest are retired. Wrap your head around that one, walk the walk. :laugh:

"Lucky" is a fictional character on the interwebs. Nothing "Lucky" says or does can be or should be construed as a real thought by an actual person. Objects in your rear view mirror may appear to be closer than they actually are.

That's the exact response that i would expect from someone who doesn't fish much. I wouldn't consider most pro guides on this board and out in the real world losers, i consider people who fish more to be more dedicated to the sport. Apparently if you fish more than the average joe (and that's not hard) you are not fulfilling the needs of being a man, that's ridiculous.

That's the exact response that i would expect from someone who doesn't fish much. I wouldn't consider most pro guides on this board and out in the real world losers,

You must not know me well. BTW pro's/guides/ pro staff are ******. :th:

"Lucky" is a fictional character on the interwebs. Nothing "Lucky" says or does can be or should be construed as a real thought by an actual person. Objects in your rear view mirror may appear to be closer than they actually are.

damn auto sensor, women of ill repute. :D

It means **** **** for $ :)

:D I have that affect on people.

9 times out of 10 the guys that fish the most are the biggest losers in the real world, the rest are retired. Wrap your head around that one, walk the walk. :laugh:

I partially agree with you.

Perhaps saying:

"9 times out of 10 the guys who fish the most (that do NOT fish for a living) are the biggest losers in the real world, the rest are retired. Wrap your head around that one, walk the walk."

Would be more accurate. I don't think lumping guides in the "loser" category is fair.

As far as the retired folks go, there's the smart ones and the dumb ones. The smart ones are the guys (and gals) who know they can fish pretty much anytime they want to, and do it, but understand that those of us who still work cannot drop everything to wet a line. The DUMB ones are the kinds that claim you aren't a true die-hard if you don't fish every night, ignore your family and basically just abandon every vestige of being a responsible adult so you can play in the surf. You know, the kind that usually start these kinds of threads.

The rest? Well, there's no shortage of THAT group.

Now excuse me while I drill holes into my feet so I can screw metal spikes directly into my body - as we all know, it's only what TRUE die-hards do. Korkers are for pansies.

<p><p></p></p>