Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lockbox

True Die Hard Fishermen Where Are They

Rate this topic

306 posts in this topic

I made it out today for the first time since Sandy…It is just a depressing along the beach, so the surf rod has all but been retired for the year and the Tog tackle has come out of hiding. If I get back out for Bass this year I will be jigging the CBBT.

I was out from North jersey to mid Jersey yesterday, The wind turned nasty cold, The beach access is so limited with curfews and National Guard besides the fact that there isn't all that many fish to be had. I live 90miles away if It was worth it I would say.. and it wasn't worth it. It really has nothing to do with " a real fisherman" many people are just not doing it and in NJ that's understandable!!

i agree with you one hundred percent my prayers are with all who have lost so much.Good luck next year

i am going to close this thread due to the fact that many are just looking to knock what i was trying to relay. thread closed.

i go out just about each day and due to the fact that there are many less fishing area's to fish in.Due to the past storm.I see only one a few two fishermen or women each day so those who talk the talk due they walk the walk. i don't think so. where are those guys who love the sport of surf fishing.. it's cold out today i will saddle up and go to one of the only spots out there.Why because someone has to keep it honest .I have to know if the herring are making there run on my part of long island. i don't want to miss some of the best fishing there is if they come in. i know it's a long shot due to all the spots shut down but i have to try that is who i am. there have been years past where one or two of us have found the herring hitting the beach with bass on them and boy was it great fishing . many times it was an hour each day usually it was two hours before sun set no matter what the tide is. the bass where in the high 20s to low 30's . i hope a few hard core fishermen who are out there with me find them . the only large problem this year is we are limited to where we can hunt . that makes it very very difficult. so good luck to those who are willing to endure the cold and burn all that gas to find a spot to fish.

This thread is extremely confusing, apparently you wan't to shut down this thread because you don't like people to agree or disagree with you. Your comment above is valid and i was saying i agree, where are the fisherman, is that so bad. When you open a thread people will post things you like and may not like , i don't think it's a reason to abandon it but that's up to you.

Most people like to take the easy way out regardless if its cold out or not...they want to read or hear about we're the fish are at instead of putting in the work!to me that's not rewarding at all...I have caught stripers when it's so cold I feel like my fingers were going to fall off(with gloves on) ....I have also skunked and froze my ars off,but had no regrets because that's all part of the sport! I can understand there's less fisherman out this year due to the storm(sandy),but this seems like it happens storm or not.any time there's bad weather you will most likely be one of the only fisherman out there...which to be honest,I like it that way...more fish for me!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLDig View Post

don't break your arm reaching around and patting yourself on the back. wink.gif

fishing isn't everyone's top priority.

Atleast someone with many post's said what i was thinking . Had may can on a boat yesterday and ate tog chowder today. And i will be at the water everyday fishing, till duck hunting is in full swing on dec2nd ,Your welcome to find me surfing in jan, feb and march when the waves and beaches are truly empty

This thread is extremely confusing, apparently you wan't to shut down this thread because you don't like people to agree or disagree with you. Your comment above is valid and i was saying i agree, where are the fisherman, is that so bad. When you open a thread people will post things you like and may not like , i don't think it's a reason to abandon it but that's up to you.

the reason i closed it was the negativity out numbered what i was attempting to request from others. the terrible storm which struck and hurt so many is and was a factor which i did not attempt or try to diminish it's horrible outcome my thought and prayers are with all that were touched by that terrible storm. when members put this in the thread i truly can't respond it looks lile i don't care or understand and i do so it is best for me to close it due to that fact alone. i can and have always handled those who enjoy attempting to block or harass a thread.

my thanks are with you .a few understand what i was attempting to convey and i know you are one of them. thanks again BOB

i only fish at night, in lightning storms, with winds of at least 40 knots!

those are great conditions.

i wear my korkers on my bare feet..upside down!!

me too.

I made the mistake of just honing in on the ( to those that talk the talk do they walk the walk, i don't think so) part of his post. Of course Sandy has made a huge difference and i wouldn't expect to see people out there this year, beach access is not even available so it's obvious why people aren't out there.

I was talking about my area down here and what i experienced in Jersey back around 1998.

Lockbox,     When u "saddle up" 2morrow and go out to "walk the walk" my prayers and thanx

will b with u.  I dont no how I have managed 2 fish, let alone live this long, without realizing that

it was possible due 2 u "keeping it honest"  My never ending gratitude .

Just wonderin. Do u also get hotter than everybody else while fishing in Fla or r

the bloodthinners only needed up here?