Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lockbox

True Die Hard Fishermen Where Are They

Rate this topic

306 posts in this topic

i go out just about each day and due to the fact that there are many less fishing area's to fish in.Due to the past storm.I see only one a few two fishermen or women each day so those who talk the talk due they walk the walk. i don't think so. where are those guys who love the sport of surf fishing.. it's cold out today i will saddle up and go to one of the only spots out there.Why because someone has to keep it honest .I have to know if the herring are making there run on my part of long island. i don't want to miss some of the best fishing there is if they come in. i know it's a long shot due to all the spots shut down but i have to try that is who i am. there have been years past where one or two of us have found the herring hitting the beach with bass on them and boy was it great fishing . many times it was an hour each day usually it was two hours before sun set no matter what the tide is. the bass where in the high 20s to low 30's . i hope a few hard core fishermen who are out there with me find them . the only large problem this year is we are limited to where we can hunt . that makes it very very difficult. so good luck to those who are willing to endure the cold and burn all that gas to find a spot to fish.

Due to the past storm.I see only one a few two fishermen or women each day so those who talk the talk due they walk the walk.

Who cares? Just enjoy the solitude while you can :)

Bob

Full Moon Wed. I'm taking a few days off from work to try and find a bite. Hope to run into you.

:):)

i knew you would be out there also buddy . will be there most of the week . there ain't much open right now. i will also try that $275 permit a few more times (east Hampton) there is access in a few spots. good luck i hope to see you Bob

Youll find me in moco nj - cold and catching the skunk, but out there nonetheless. Good luck to you.

also to you my friend it's like Lotto you have tio be in it to win it,. and those of us who persist at the end ( might wind up with a run of herring ),. if not it beats .sitting on the coach,

So you wish it was more crowded?? ;)

it just shows me who really fishes when the runs are not there. anyone can catch a fish when the seas boil. it takes a true fishermen or women to fish hard when the fishing gets tough.that's all. i was thinking each year it is the same few i observe out there attempting to find fish in the winter foul weather. i now am on four blood thinners and i will not stop til the end of DECEMBER. so i feel the cold more than most. good luck to all who fish til the end of the season may you catch a 40 .

don't break your arm reaching around and patting yourself on the back. ;)

fishing isn't everyone's top priority.

Thanks Tammy...you beat me to it :th: BTW, Striped Bass season ends December 15 in NY coastal waters...NOT the end of December.

Was on the beach today, didn't see much happening in that spot.  Came back home, fished another spot, nothing big around, but did see two schools of small bait fish swimming around.  First sign of life there in almost a month and was catching schoolies a week ago in another spot. 

i go out just about each day and due to the fact that there are many less fishing area's to fish in.Due to the past storm.I see only one a few two fishermen or women each day so those who talk the talk due they walk the walk. i don't think so. where are those guys who love the sport of surf fishing.. it's cold out today i will saddle up and go to one of the only spots out there.Why because someone has to keep it honest .I have to know if the herring are making there run on my part of long island. i don't want to miss some of the best fishing there is if they come in. i know it's a long shot due to all the spots shut down but i have to try that is who i am. there have been years past where one or two of us have found the herring hitting the beach with bass on them and boy was it great fishing . many times it was an hour each day usually it was two hours before sun set no matter what the tide is. the bass where in the high 20s to low 30's . i hope a few hard core fishermen who are out there with me find them . the only large problem this year is we are limited to where we can hunt . that makes it very very difficult. so good luck to those who are willing to endure the cold and burn all that gas to find a spot to fish.

I would like to know the same. I don't care if guys don't want to fish, that's fine , people have their reasons but please stop saying your a true diehard that's out there all the time in brutal conditions that's all. I am shocked and have been for years that unless it's 70+ degrees and the fish are biting rarely do you see anybody.

I can't tell you the last time i saw another fisherman at night. There are zero fisherman at sunrise either, the first come when the sun is high in the sky.I'm sure part of the reason is because the fishing has taken a huge turn for the worse but fish can still be caught if you are out there and putting your time in. So if you have more important things to do or just don't feel like being cold or whatever that's understood, just try to not say how diehard you are.