Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pmarggraf17

Stella or van staal?

Rate this topic

176 posts in this topic

Not even a bluegill :p

My point was that Stellas, are not made for trout.

You dont need 20+lb for trout, unless you want to skip them across the water. :D

I guess you never went Steelhead fishing? They fight better than any striper out there!

Also all these guys who say Get a V S it's better than a Stella. I wonder how many of them have ever held a Stella not to mention fished one.

I'm not knocking the VS I have them along with ZB. I love my Stella's & find them a lot smoother. I don't swim with them & have had them underwater more than I wish without any problem.

Also the service ( VIP ) can't be beat. They also cast a lot better than the other 2 reels I mentioned.

I think before anyone tells someone to get any product they should at least have tried it out them selves.

Talk is cheap. I don't care want anybody gets,they are the one who will be spending their money & using it.

I guess you never went Steelhead fishing? They fight better than any striper out there!

Also all these guys who say Get a V S it's better than a Stella. I wonder how many of them have ever held a Stella not to mention fished one.

I'm not knocking the VS I have them along with ZB. I love my Stella's & find them a lot smoother. I don't swim with them & have had them underwater more than I wish without any problem.

Also the service ( VIP ) can't be beat. They also cast a lot better than the other 2 reels I mentioned.

I think before anyone tells someone to get any product they should at least have tried it out them selves.

Talk is cheap. I don't care want anybody gets,they are the one who will be spending their money & using it.

Never, but i was primarily talking brookies when i said "trout"

I also have never held a Stella before, but i do know that my Penn slammer is smoother than my VS.

But if it came down to it, i wold much rather have the VS than the slammer.

Not even a bluegill :p

You dont need 20+lb for trout, unless you want to skip them across the water. :D

I was kidding you about the bluegill because you said you wouldn't buy one just for Trout. Some Stella models like the FE are made for light freshwater applications.

They start at the 1000 size and go up to the 4000 size. The 1000 is rated 2,4,6 pound mono and 10/15/20 braid. It weighs 6 oz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPlaziak1 View Post

Not even a bluegill tongue.gif

You dont need 20+lb for trout, unless you want to skip them across the water. biggrin.gif

I paid $419 each for these reels back in the mid '80's. They're the 1000 model. and spooled with 3# test. I use them with 8' Phenix jig sticks for throwing 1/16 oz and 1/32 oz mini-jigs and small trout lures. For that, they're perfect.

BTW, with 3 lb test, I wish I could skip trout across the water.hooked.gif

Skipping just doesn't happen.

Daannnggg it your right, how embarrassing , appreciate you drawing attention to it though and making sure it's pointed out to everybody on the board now and in the future. I owe you one.:th::th:

Actually that should be "you're right" .;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I've heard it's a durable reel, but twice as heavy as either the stella or VS (not sure if 'twice as much' is exaggeration, but significantly more is a definite)

It's heavy but not twice as much. I think 4-5 oz over the VS150? I like mine so far. There's definitely value in this reel. I plan to test in M next year as mine has only been fished on NJ sand and jetties and dunked a handful of times.

Definitely VS I just send my Stella SW 20000 to service reel was used once last weekend catch few not to big fishes main shaft start getting loose 1/8 of inch and some noise from gearbox newer ever shimano going to buy another VS next week