Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spigola

Tim and Carole S - Check in please.

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

FROM TIM:

Holy ****, never seen anything like this storm before and I've lived within a couple miles of the beach for all my 46 years. Had four feet of water in garage and living room/office level - and just two inches in the kitchen/dining room/bedroom level. Covered my work benches in garage, all furniture in livin room/office destroyed, still have three ft in crawl space. Came home to lures, tackle, waders and miles of stuff in driveway - storm somehow wrenches my garage door open about two feet, I guess as water was receding, all sorts of floatin stuff made its way out. Only billy bob and eebs rooms upstairs were spared and damage.

We are fine, gonna be a humongous hassle from here, but we are ok - sounds like there are many others who need more help than we do. Luckily we have family to stay with. No power, just got cell service this morning, strange being completely disconnected from the world. Even more strange having to push your TV and entertainment center out of the way and climb over your couch to get into your living room - and opening your desk drawers to dump the water out. Had to rip the door off the crawl space to get in as the poker table and chairs had floated up against the door. I've never had so many personal possessions destroyed before - but it's only stuff....my stuff...stuff I've been collecting, buying and making for more than forty years...but it is only stuff and I'm really coming to grips with that quickly. There are folks who suffered much worse damage than we did

TimS

This is the first time i have heard this and my eyes have watered up. God, how emotional. I'm so pleased to hear you and Carole are OK Tim. Wow, i'm almost speechless and that's foreign territory for me.

I want to offer my prayers and well wishes for you your family and everyone who is suffering from this life changing tragedy.

Regarding losing everything , i have been through it and it hurts, it really does but you will rebound from this . Starting over is always difficult but happiness will come your way again, trust me on this, the pain will become easier over time Tim. Like others have mentioned, you still have the most important things of all, loved ones and countless people who care about you.

The above is all i can muster up at this time, but it comes from the heart and that my friend is no joke.

Hey Tim & Carole, I missed that in the TT. Don't go in there much. Sorry to hear about the damage and loss you have but as Timmy put it, it is only stuff.

My heart goes out to you guys and everyone else who is suffering from the effects of this bitch called Sandy.

Hi Tim...

Glad you and your loved ones are physically well. Sorry to hear that the "Wrath of Sandy" got you guys, though. Hope it all works out for you.

Know that everyone is sending "good vibes" your way!

All the best.....

Tim sorry to hear about all of the damage. Glad to hear that you guys are OK though. Hope things get better for you and all of the other families that are having to endure this tragic storm. Thoughts and prayers to all.

R