Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

BIG storm on the way for this weekend (E. Coast)

Rate this topic

1,055 posts in this topic

Its a good time of year for a hurricane, We won't freeze or melt. Maybe we can use up some of the freezer stock. I just wish I bought a 410. Oh well....

i have a few 410 let me know if it gets bad......... :D

Its a good time of year for a hurricane, We won't freeze or melt. Maybe we can use up some of the freezer stock. I just wish I bought a 410. Oh well....

Yea becuase snow don't create new inlets and wash roads away

2am Update from the NHC keep Sandy as a Hurricane with winds of 75mph. It may weaken for a time but is expected to regain Hurricane Status before making landfall in the Northeast. Big story here is the wind field continues to get bigger with Tropical Storm force winds extending nearly 500 miles form the center!

The New Euro is in and for a lack of a better word, it completely destorys the Jersey Shore from Manasquan to Cape May NJ, and to top it off it has massive Winds in Baltimore, Philly and NYC with gusts near 100mph which will create big storm surge flooding problems for everyone.

I'm in sea isle, voluntary evacs turn mandatory sunday & looks like they're shutting the bridges down sunday night. Looking (as of now) 80+ winds, 10+inches rain, storm surge, & full moon tides.

The winds Im not flinching at but the surge on a direct impact or if she turns earlier and hits de/md has me worried (noaa hasnt forcasted yet, but the news already threw out "historic levels".. Im thinking 9-14ft...probably 8ft realistically)

The coast guard started packing/boarding up today and look like theyre are gonna ship the boats out tomo.

Get to da chopppaaa!!

The New Euro is in and for a lack of a better word, it completely destorys the Jersey Shore from Manasquan to Cape May NJ, and to top it off it has massive Winds in Baltimore, Philly and NYC with gusts near 100mph which will create big storm surge flooding problems for everyone.

I was just looking at that, and it seems like the euro has been the "more accurate" of the models so far. EFFFF

Mandatory evacuation here in the Wildwoods on Sunday as well. All businesses will be closed and everyone off the island by 8 PM. Full moon on Monday will only intensify the already expected high waters with massive flooding and beach erosion expected.

I'm hoping to get back down here Thurs. To check on things and see what kind of damage is a result of this storm. Hopefully everyone gets out safely and this is not a repeat of the 1962 storm that destroyer most of Cape May and Atlantic Counties.

My wife and her girl Friend left for DC this morning  to run in a Marathon and then she is supposed to fly to Fla Monday. And Linda is to drive home to bucks county. I wounder if they will cancel the race?

I don't think that there is going to be any real traveling on momday.