Horror Movie suggestions please

Rate this topic

Firinne

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinambition View Post

House of 1,000 corpses

Some couples on a road trip stop for gas when they happen upon a museum of monsters and madmen. Initially intrigued, the unsuspecting kids soon become a sick family's source of torturous and murderous fun in this throwback to 1970s gorefests.

Good one FnA, that's the kind of movies I'm looking for!

"Candide et constanter"

I have seen Deranged, a horror movie based on the true tale of Ed Gein.

I have read that Gein's horrors were the source of Hitchcock's Psycho.

Wiki:

The story of Ed Gein has had a lasting impact on Western popular culture as evidenced by its numerous appearances in movies, music and literature. Gein's story was adapted into a number of movies, including Deranged (1974).

Edward Theodore "Ed" Gein ( /ˈɡiːn/; August 27, 1906[1] – July 26, 1984) was an American murderer and body snatcher. His crimes, committed around his hometown of Plainfield, Wisconsin, gathered widespread notoriety after authorities discovered Gein had exhumed corpses from local graveyards and fashioned trophies and keepsakes from their bones and skin. After police found body parts in his house in 1957, Gein confessed to killing two women – tavern owner Mary Hogan in 1954, and a Plainfield hardware store owner, Bernice Worden, in 1957.

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?