Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PACMAN

Trophy Boats?

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

i have had the 2052 for 2 years so far and have loved every second of owning it, if you would like to know anything elce about the boat, please feel free to ask any questions

I had 99 2002 I beat it to hell. Sold it for something with more range that rode better. I got a Prosports 22cc cat. They said everything was through bolted. I found out after a year there was nothing through bolted. I had to have the dealer reattach the center concole, the T-Top, and numerous other things. It ride better than the Trophy but did not hold up as well as the bayliner trophy. I have ridden in a couple of the Grady Whites. They Ride as bad if not worse that a Bayliner. So for the money The Trophy is OK in my book. You should test ride as many boats as possible.

I have a '97 1903 CC. I bought it new and have logged many hours on it every year. I'm very happy with it. When looking at any boat, take it for a ride first!

Pacman,

You will hear a lot of people bashing Trophy for what they used to be. These people have never owned a Trophy....its "just what they heard".

Most of the bashers don't even know Trophy boats are not made by bayliner any more. They haven't been for a few years!

Brunswick, is the parent company that now ownes Trophy, Bayliner, Boston Wahler, Hatteras, Baja, Sea Boss, Sea Pro, Triton, Lund,and many others.

When Trophy split from Bayliner a few years ago, they moved into a new factory with all new, stat-of-the-art equipment. Their new boats are nothing like their old boats.

I currently own a Trophy 1903CC and love it.

So to all you non-knowing, non Trophy owning bashers........... moon.gif

[ 08-29-2005, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: TimS ]

Tell that to my close buddy that's had one for two years now since new and it's been back at the dealer more than he's had it in his yard. Spider cracking from improper hardware mounting, a through hull fitting leak, a major crack starting on the transom at the motorwell, and possibly a hook in the hull from the trailer. upck.gifmoon.gifcwm13.gif

Its always a buddy, friend, uncle, cousin, sister, brother, dad, etc.

That's becouse finds don't let friends buy a Trophys. biggrin.gif

A Trophy is a price boat and a good boat for what it is. It's put together alright but lacks the little things that seperates the good boats from the great boats.

[ 07-22-2005, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Seahunter ]

Its always a buddy, friend, uncle, cousin, sister, brother, dad, etc............................. rolleyes.gif

That's because I'd never own one.

Glad you're happy with yours though. clapping.gif

Pac, Most reputable boat companies follow quality and saftey but it is better to match the boat to your application. Trophy boats are owned by Brunswick also many other fine names. Sea Ray and robalo..they are made in their own factory (not bayliners) I have had one for 20 years and just bought a new 1903 a classic center, with a 125 hp merc, it is poetry in motion! See me out at sandy hook chasing stripers!!!

R