Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddymate

best value lure bag ???

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

You sure you are comparing apples to apples? The MAK bags come in two series. The Angler and the Surfcaster... The Angler isn't hook proof and is about half the cost of the Surfcaster

not hook proof? Its the same material just single ply not double ply :freak: I cant get hooks through my angler

I gave mine to my 7 year old, he thinks he's the cat's meow fishing with his own single row bag. :)

i still regret selling my vs single row. nice bag,, wasn't to overly expensive and it was light and tough.

Gear Up bags are top notch. That blue water bag from shimanno is garbage. The ebb point bags are nice but the material is not as nice as Gear Up and the price is way higher. I am also having stitching issues with my ebb point after less than a year, so I will have to get back to you on how that is taken care of.

As for Gear up bags I will take a pic of the two tube tomorrow, it is a solid bag with big tubes. The three tube is a big large for my liking but I will be getting a bucktail pouch and look forward to a sheath for my pliers.

Basically Gear Up has taken good products and made them better, just like every other bag maker. Gear Up is a sturdier material with heavier stitching, with extremely fast draining and larger /more durable tubes.

For me if I me fishing out of a car on the beach I am taking whatever can hold the most and that will likely be a large bag or box with down spouts for tubes, same thing along the canal. Open beach I am likely taking my four tube ebb point or large precision pack. If I know exactly what I am going to throw I would take the eel bag off the ebb point and my Gear Up two tube. possibly just one or the other. Montauk the Gear Up two tube is perfect for me and if I am going to be throwing bucktail I will add the ebb point eel bag or Gear Up bucktail pouch.

Gear Up bags are top notch. That blue water bag from shimanno is garbage....

My Shimano bag has been holding up for 2 years just fine, got it on sale for $50 and really like it. Yes, hooks do get stuck but in all honesty it takes me extra 3 seconds to carefully put the plug back. I cannot comment on how it would hold up if I were to skish or fully submerge it getting to rocks as I haven't done it but it drains well and all stitching are still good from regular waist deep fishing. One thing I do wish for is better / larger velcro.

cakes pretty much nailed it when he said if you are gonna skish, you need to put quality before value. I can't stress that point enough. a bag will work differently underwater. i mean yes its gonna hold the plugs, but is it gonna stay shut? soak in a lot of water? is it easy for hooks to get stuck? if the answer to any of these questions was yes, I'd highly suggest you dont use it to skish. I had my bag made so i can skish it, custom 3 tube commando, extra drainage, extra velcro, and some other things. prefect out there. its one less thing that i know wont go wrong, and im skishing atleast 2 nights a week ususally if not more

True Custom bag where you design it and the manufacturer makes it down to the last detail-Ebb Point. Quality second to none and worth every $.

Off the shelf available all over - AquaSkinz better line of bags (Pro Series/Hunter). Especially the Rogue cube which can be outfitted to six tubes although it comes with 4. Great small bag!!

Marc

True Custom bag where you design it and the manufacturer makes it down to the last detail-Ebb Point. Quality second to none and worth every $.

This is a great point. A true custom should actually be designed by both the builder and the customer. Regardless of how familiar the customer is with exactly what he wants in the bag the bag makers input is beneficial to make sure the design presents no limitations on the performance . Knowing how much Velcro is necessary to hold up,not just now but years to come.

.buckles,extra stitching ,what materials to use and where. These bags are not all sailcloth. Adis,Tom and Nick are all ,not only bag makers but guys who fish hard and know the demands presented first hand. A bag built by any of them is a good choice by me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waycool View Post

Funny, I'm reading this thread and ads for Louis Vuiton keep showing up. Has anybody used their bags?

Google Louis Vuitton and you'll understand. Then go to their site and buy one for your wife or girlfriend.

Didn't have time to read all posts so if this is a repeat just ignor it. Have Mazola Oil container will travel... :D I posted a How-to a while back about the "bags" that I make that have lasted ??? don't know how long. Made out of plastic containers, nylon straps, and tennis ball containers. They allow total wash down of plugs while still in container (bag) I have very few rusted hooks and my "bag" has slots for Boga and Rapala pliers with split ring tip. Asearch might get you there.