Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddymate

best value lure bag ???

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

I would say go with the Aquaskinz. If you want a bag

that will resist getting hooked be prepared to spend

more than I would consider a good value.

I own both Ebbpoint and Mak and never looked back.

Excellent but expensive.

I have. Ebb-Point & a Commando both great bags but be prepaired to spend

$300 & up for the bigger bags.

I also have a surfcaster & a percussion -PAC witch will work & a lot cheaper.

I bought a Mak but sold it and went back to aquaskinz. Yes Mak was a superior bag but for whatever reason it bugged me I had that much money in a bag. Figured that was money better spent on a rod or reel.

I would say go with the Aquaskinz. If you want a bag

that will resist getting hooked be prepared to spend

more than I would consider a good value.

I own both Ebbpoint and Mak and never looked back.

Excellent but expensive.

Aquaskinz is the most overpriced underperforming crap on the market. I think just about any other product would be a better value.

Depends on how often and where/how you're going to be fishing IMHO.

If you're beaching it and jetty fishing a lot, I don't think you need to go uber high end, as the bag will just be sitting there. I have (2) AS Cobra Elite's, a 4 tube for rock hopping and wet-suiting, which I use 2 to 3 times a week, this bag gets beat up as we have mostly rocks here in RI. The higher end bags are typically lighter, they also have better drainage. Fishing a heavy wet bag that drains poorly, will wear you out quickly. My 2nd one is for jetty fishing, which I only do at select times of the year. The only reason I went with an AS Cobra for my 8 tubes was, I got it on clearance for $150 (4 tube for same price as well), which is about $100 less than retail.

If I hadn't gotten both bags for short money, I was going Commando or Ebb Point for my 4 tube. I've looked at both and felt they were pretty much on par, with regards to construction and quality. For a bigger bag I was looking at the Bluewave, or a mid range AS big bag.

you guys are crazy shimano does the job for like $75

So why ask the question if you already knew the answer? That's not very smart is it...

Right...glad I wasted my time giving a thoughtful answer. :thumbd:

So why ask the question if you already knew the answer? That's not very smart is it...

Best value lure bag means different stories to different types of fishing and the abuse that bag will be rendered... for some a K-Mart bag would probably work for others a top of the line bag is the only way to go.then there's a lot of middle ground,,.. it's all about what you mean by "Value".. I have moved up the ranks from a home made army surplus bag,, to various low end bags you can get most anywhere,,, then I thought auaskinz was " the bag" it lasted a year then the material started snagging hooks,, that's never fun in the dark on a sand bar,,jetty or beach,, you may lose stuff in the best situations compound that by inadvertent snags under some stress.

At this moment in your fishing level a low end bag will probably fit your needs,,, live and learn. We'd all like the best of everything but can't always do that so your choice will be less than perfect but that's ok... you'll eventually move up or that niche will work for you..

I now own a MAK,, its been introduced to the water a decent number of times and I'm enjoying it.

Good luck with your choice.

Did I also waste my time on a semi-thoughtful retort to your question? ahhh

you youngins,,,