Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donny G

big one

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Out in the skiff to other day throwing 9" sloggos near the mouth of a river. Couple of follows and boils to get us going. deceided to move to a different spot, so i left my sluggo in the water and started motoring[ 6-7 on the GPS]. let some line out so when i stopped i could be fishing. looking back i could see my lure bouncing around on the surface and though thats how it looks on TV when marlin fishing. how could a fish catch that? next thing i know my rod almost gets ripped out of my hands. stopped the boat and watched line go peeling off, like a lot !! oh yeah in 4-5' of water. Thought i had a big cow. finally getting near the boat we saw it was a Blue. We had it next to us 4 times.each time it blasted off on a good run. My buddy who never had a boca grip in his hand was scared of getting bit. (no net)  finally got it on its side close to the boat when the hook popped off. It was over 3' easy. Its head was massive. I don't think we could have lifted it with out fearing for our fingers. ...D

ps 2 days before we were catching 8" brookies.

Welcome to the dark side. :D World of difference between a trout and a boofish. Those toothy bastards never say die, I hate them with a passion. :mad:

You love them basstids and you know it. :D I hope those ribs are healed up.

not to mention delicious!:D

You will never hear me use delioious and boofish together. :upck:

You love them basstids and you know it. :D

Don't you dare swear at me. :D

Plan on Friday Bob, weather permitting. And just for you if boofish are around we will chase them.