Ebbtide231

Still life / table top / food

Rate this topic

635 posts in this topic

Cold, snow on the ground, waters all frozen..... no better day to make a couple pots of homemade 16 bean soup and cornbread ;)

4 hours down..... 4 more hours to go .... ;)

Way better way to spend the day than what I was thinking about doing which was a loong drive north up the NJ Turnpike and fighting the crowded aisles at Somerset Convention Center looking at stuff I don't need or want ;) This is my 5th year skipping that fly show........ before that it would of been near sacrilegious for me to miss a fly fishing event. Funny how priorities change as we age. ;)

I'm hungry just looking at it.

Well done sir, soup and photo :)

Yes things do change.

I haven't gone to the custom knife show since they moved it to NJ.

Probably a half hour or 40 minutes on the PATH train now.

But it just isn't the same as being able to walk over to the hotel on my lunch hour or after work.

After going twice a year for over 10 years, it feels like I've seen it all... and I don't feel like I'm missing a lot.

Enjoy the soup!

I used to buy just about any interesting carry knives I could find. 8 years ago I bought a sure fire custom knife that has bludgeons and the bleeder style blade only opens to a rt angle to the handle. It fits everything I ever wanted in a carry knife and I have never looked at another knife seriously again. It was a very pricey knife at around $400 so I am not really surprised that surf ire only offered it for two years then discontinued it. I would be really disappointed if I ever lost this one.

I looked at surefire last night all they have are the full opening models now. They do have 100 rd mags though :D

I did this with the Iphone Just for the Halibut

Yeah this particular knife was a custom design by some name combat knife maker that sure fire licensed to build these the first two years they offered knives. Been a fairly long time ago. He had two combat folders he made for surefire.

Nice shot