Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jesbion

Surf fishing the rocks below Matanzas

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

[ATTACHMENT=7221]The right time of day.... (507k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]Had some nice fish come in, redfish, that is, and some nice big fish on that I lost....the ones shown were for the pan, as I like the old cast iron "blackened redfish" with olive oil and pepper for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Best times were early and late, of course, and the bait was fresh caught mullet. Time and patience are the soul of the surf, and there is no finer place when the bite is on!

Another keeper for the pan....sandy, but legal. The bigger ones are more fun, but more wary. I use 6 oz pyramids with 80 lb leader and a sliding sinker rig, with, for the first time, 7-0 circle hooks and a whole finger mullet or a big chunk of a larger one.1000

About right, Drako! Sticks to the pan something bad, doesn't it! Good to see you're still here after all the years..... Evidently, the mullet runs have started up here, as this was about two weeks ago, and the main runs have already passed or not got here yet, so I'll be back trying for the big ones, probably in the dark of a new moon.....Here's another puppy from the week before....The west coast is still pretty messed up with fresh water from all the rain. Went out a week ago for scallops...and all the fresh water had run them and the fish out! ....That water was all tannin for over a mile from the shore, and much more in spots. ..1000

After its cook do you eat the plank... :D I heard they were pretty good that way but never try it...

Damn it now i have to go catch a slot red and see what this plank cooking is all about..

Jesbion> Our bull reds are running pretty good right now on the east coast and Gf is already talking about

wanting to mess with one of them.... damn i love that Girl

After its cook do you eat the plank... :D I heard they were pretty good that way but never try it...

Damn it now i have to go catch a slot red and see what this plank cooking is all about..

Jesbion> Our bull reds are running pretty good right now on the east coast and Gf is already talking about

wanting to mess with one of them.... damn i love that Girl

word is ____ is heading your way break out the casting net ;)

never cook your fish in the house :D