New to surf fishing...and now addicted!!!!!

Rate this topic

dc1874

Sorry I couldnt respond sooner..they were all 3-4 oz..and thats a whole other story about buying tackle out there in Montauk.!!! Here I am..brand new to  surf fishin...lots of money to spend and I want to spend it in one of the "local" shops. I go walkin in one afternoon..store is empty!! begin to ask questions and the guy behind the counter looks like he could care less about selling me anything...like i was bothering him...so I took the hint and left...what an attitude..hey my money is not good in your store..fine with me!!!!

What's the name on the place? Want to avoid it.

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

Im 50..how much older can I go???

A lot longer. As long as you can move your arms and your vision is acceptable your good to go. I have seen guys in wheelchairs with the balloon type sand tires fishing the surf. The key is not dozing off at the waters edge during a flood tide because floating out in the shipping lanes when you wake could be problematic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc1874 View Post

I dont wanna name the place..but got real attitude ..its ok..ill be spendin my money in the big box stores and internet..

I think i know what store you went to in Montauk.   Its the guy with the white beard?  I remember asking him some questions, seems like he didnt even want me in the store.