Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dc1874

New to surf fishing...and now addicted!!!!!

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Ive always fished freshwater. My neighbor passed away and had saltwater gear in his garage. This whole summer on numerous trips to Montauk Ive been using his Eagle Claw- Wright Mcgill 13' rod!!!! It was probably made early 1970's..It has an old spinner reel..cant read what make. I must have made hundreds and hundreds of casts with this monster !!!..I dont even care if Im not catchin anything..I just like gettin a workout...fresh air..sun...waves.. having his rod out there keeping his spirit alive...!!!!

Pull up a seat, stay a while.

Welcome.

It seems you have decided to make your 1st post a post in the Tavern. I must say that you have unknowingly walked into the Lions Den here on SOL and that my friend is Fate working her magic.

In here, you will find the answers to all your questions. Dreams? We got em. Hopes? We dash em. But not yours! No sir. If you had gone into the "Main Forum" like so many others, well....we'd be singin' a different tune. But nevermind that.

Here. Drink this. Don't ask what it is. Otter made it. Just drink it. Good right? I know....just pretend it's good. ;)

We fish in here too, but we also make big decisions. Who lives, who dies, big stuff. You'll see.

Oh....one more thing. Frank. Stay away from him. Just trust me.

Hint: Morning. Pencil Popper. Evening. Danny.

I think your hint might be lost on him.

That was a great hint too. I should write a book.

"I was fishing on a jetty at night with a Danny and 20 foot waves were crashing on me..........."