parking at rr bridge

Rate this topic

burkie

They should concentrate elsewhere.

Is there any place on the East coast that has 14 miles continuous miles of outstanding Striper fishing with better access than the Canal?

I don't know of any.

" IF" they are actually spending part of the license fees on access they should spend it elsewhere.

Or a 14 mile fishing area with much of it's parking access NEWLY closed to nocturnal striper fishing....with more closings to come. Like I said in #31 it wouldn't take anything more than exchanging No Parking signs with the trash barrels they took away.

And why do some feel that there can only be ZERO cooperation between State & Federal government? Just goes to show that less government is usually better for the average guy. :)

"The Further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

I drove into the Corp parking lot at the RR Bridge this AM. Two vehicles were sporting tire chalk marks and said chalk marks extended on to the asphalt paving. I could not determine if said vehicles were MMA connected.

This AM, a week after I posted the above, I drove thru the Corp parking area at the RR Bridge, and noticed two vehicles with notices under their wiper blades. These notices were not the pink notices the Corp had issued some weeks ago. Rather these notices were enclosed in a plastic sleeve along with what appeared to be an envelope.

I could see the face of the notice thru the plastic. The notice was Eng. Form 4381 and was titled Warning Citation and was issued pursuant to Sect 234 of the Flood Control Act of 1970 (public law 91-611, 84 Stat. 1818)

The form contained all the particulars of the vehicle, including the name and address of the person to whom it was registered. Violation was.....no overnight parking.

This occurence appears to be the third step to deter overnight parking. The first step........the placing of the pink notice. The second step.......tire chalk marks. Now this.

Clearly, the operators of these two vehicles failed to heed the initial notice. I could not see any designation on these vehicles that would indicate some connection with MMA.

Interestingly, another vehicle was parked in the same general area and was sporting a chalk mark on its tire. However, in this case the mark was at the top of the tire which indicted that the operator must have moved it from the position where it was orginally marked. Me thinks that vehicle will soon be sporting a Form 4381 under its wiper blade. :D