Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
burkie

parking at rr bridge

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

the signs at the rr bridge that say NO OVERNIGHT PARKING, were for the students at MMA, because of the trash, so keep it clean and the fishermen and fisherwoman will be able to park anytime, a offical at MMA told me that, he also said that overnight parking sign does not have to have the times like 6pm to 9am, overnight is night, so keep it clean

What does a MMA official, officially have to do with that area? I believe those signs were up before the students started to park there?

the students found that they could park foe free and not pay at school, but they made a mess, the cleaning people told the corp about the mess from last year, so the corp put new signs up,MMA told students that there was no more parking there, i still do not no how they can enforce it, MMA telling the students that, but we will see what happens

the students found that they could park foe free and not pay at school, but they made a mess, the cleaning people told the corp about the mess from last year, so the corp put new signs up,MMA told students that there was no more parking there, i still do not no how they can enforce it, MMA telling the students that, but we will see what happens

I believe the MMA wants $175/yearly to park on campus.

I don't know how they will stop cadets from parking there in the short term. But once Nov hits, and the canal fishing grinds to a halt, pretty much anyone parking there overnight will be an MMA student. Perhaps then the regs will be easier to enforce.

I don't know how they will stop cadets from parking there in the short term. .....

Well they already have, Bob.

It took only a few days, but after the COE began placing that pink no overnight parking notice under the wiper blades of MMA students, the students moved from the COE parking area to the parking area adjacent to the Corp property own by the town of Bourne. Now interestingly, that town owned parking area also sports no overnight parking signage. Will the town enforce its restriction? I have no idea.

Since the amusement rides set up a few days ago, I've noticed a number of the amusment rides and support vehicles overflow onto the paved portion of the town parking area. As a result I've not seen any student vehicle in that parking area. I assume the students are parking at other "free" spots in town and I suspect they will return to that town parking lot once all this hoopla leaves Boozads Bhey.

Well they already have, Bob.

It took only a few days, but after the COE began placing that pink no overnight parking notice under the wiper blades of MMA students, the students moved from the COE parking area to the parking area adjacent to the Corp property own by the town of Bourne. Now interestingly, that town owned parking area also sports no overnight parking signage. Will the town enforce its restriction? I have no idea.

Since the amusement rides set up a few days ago, I've noticed a number of the amusment rides and support vehicles overflow onto the paved portion of the town parking area. As a result I've not seen any student vehicle in that parking area. I assume the students are parking at other "free" spots in town and I suspect they will return to that town parking lot once all this hoopla leaves Boozads Bhey.

I'll bet a few will park in the Liberty Liquor Warehouse lot.

Those that drive cheap cars and don't have anything valuable in them might also park behind the old Baker's 5 and 10. I haven't been by there lately, but there was an old derelict boat up on blocks there for the longest time. :laugh:

Yes I realize that, but there was at least one No Parking sign there by the entrance/gate when they first opened the new lot. I believe they add some more after that?

In any case, don't be surprised to get a horrendous ticket there while trying to fish at night. That's over your head any time you go in there.

And people wonder why fishermen are tense & irritable down the canal area....lol. While locals always have a big grin on their face.

In any case, don't be surprised to get a horrendous ticket there while trying to fish at night. .....

Yes that may happen, but I've heard if the no parking sign does not specify the no parking hours, and it is not signed, the ticket is not enforceable.

^^^ Unfortunately that doesn't help mobile non-locals passing through that may not be back around to fight it :-/

That is what I pointed out this spring....canal locals thought it was funny. And that is why I don't spend a nickle more that I have to down there.

... And that is why I don't spend a nickle more that I have to down there.

Once the competition heats up we have ourselves some fairly decent prices on gasoline, bb1. ;)

Once the competition heats up we have ourselves some fairly decent prices on gasoline, bb1. ;)

Ya' we used to get our gas there all the time, then for a while it was MORE expensive than back home! Don't even bother looking any more, always leaving home w/ a full tank.

Looks like the new road plan is going to end gas safaris forever east of the rotary, along w/ all the lot closings (MMA, RRB, PO, PL, Old Bridge road). 1/4 turn around the rotary and head home!

Looks like the new road plan is going to end gas safaris forever east of the rotary, along w/ all the lot closings (MMA, RRB, PO, PL, Old Bridge road). 1/4 turn around the rotary and head home!

...........and once the chain link fencing is in place you'll just have the memories of the way it once was. :(

BTW......midget mud wrestling, and the guess your weight man, will be the main attractions at the carnival part of the Scallop Fest this evening. :wee:

BTW......midget mud wrestling, and the guess your weight man, will be the main attractions at the carnival part of the Scallop Fest this evening. :wee:

Certainly not your cup of tea, is it Joe. :snr: That stuff must be a boring far cry from the clandestine, poorly lit, smoke filled back room visits to the Guatamalin cock fighting curcuits you frequent.

Ya' we used to get our gas there all the time, then for a while it was MORE expensive than back home! Don't even bother looking any more, always leaving home w/ a full tank.

bb1, there's good news! Just think of all the $$$ you'll save on super glue. :clap: