? Thrush @rocco

Yellow Warbler

Baltimore Oriole

Black-throated Blue Warbler

Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Louisiana Water Thrush

i like swainson's thrush, though i wish it looked a bit more spectacled and we could see more of the tail color. 

2 hours ago, looney tunes said:

LOL and what I thought was a Louisiana Water Thrush is a Northern Water Thrush. Rocco can confirm.

i definitely like northern waterthrush for both of those.

i'd also like to hear from plug and teaser on these, he's been sharpening his peepers for a couple years now :eek: 

13 hours ago, rocco said:

i like swainson's thrush, though i wish it looked a bit more spectacled and we could see more of the tail color. 

i definitely like northern waterthrush for both of those.

i'd also like to hear from plug and teaser on these, he's been sharpening his peepers for a couple years now :eek: 

I agree with you on both these birds.

The Northern Waterthrush seems clear.

The Thrush seems to have the Buff color under the eye and enough of it over the eye to create a bit of the spectacle look.

As you say it could be more with a better blending into the eye-ring. Given the general assumed location with good numbers there now, seems a good bet without a tail photo or hearing the song. :th:

Can anyone identify these guys? Caught momma and her brood in lake next to our house. 

45CD1F5C-16AA-4BB2-9865-BC565C4D73FE_1_201_a.jpeg.958d982eab16277821588b58180fb7d9.jpeg

737A49B7-BAC6-4E07-80EC-EFA23A805766_1_201_a.jpeg.2236d5f5f13b88a8c2c268fa865fa396.jpeg

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

1 hour ago, mike NJ said:

Common Gallinule

Thank you. A big voice for such a relatively little bird. 

Little guys are cute, even when Mom is yelling at one of them. 

218F1D9C-2AC5-4578-893C-B5653087446F_1_102_a.jpeg.248e0bd2561c616a690deada3e00e46d.jpeg

45CD1F5C-16AA-4BB2-9865-BC565C4D73FE_1_105_c.jpeg.c092d873514ade73c127de16cee43845.jpeg

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

On 5/9/2020 at 1:41 AM, KidDkivahh said:

I've tried oranges in the past and they'll head straight for the suet every time . 

Nice Mike. I had an Oriole stop by for just a few minutes on Saturday but left before I could get downstairs.

"In the beginning, God..."
"Blessing come from many directions. Make sure you look around."  Rickman

7 hours ago, Plug and teaser said:

I agree with you on both these birds.

The Northern Waterthrush seems clear.

The Thrush seems to have the Buff color under the eye and enough of it over the eye to create a bit of the spectacle look.

As you say it could be more with a better blending into the eye-ring. Given the general assumed location with good numbers there now, seems a good bet without a tail photo or hearing the song. :th:

This is the only shot I have that shows more of the back.

_DSC4674.jpg

The truth is the light

The light is the way

The less folks know

The more they have to say