Weakfish help

Rate this topic

mydixiewrecked

Pink finesse once you catch one throw a bloodworm under a bobber i got a 30 and 29"r back to back like that if they show up theres more and they WONT be there long

NIce , that is a deadly tactic.. Back in the day off the Hot Weakfish spots around Cape May you did just that or throw a white bucktial with Purple Worm and the guys had equal success... Flooding the Bloods around any rocks that hold good water is a great way to have sucess..

Days are getting shorter and the nights cooler but there is still a great opportunity to target these fish before the Bass Action heats up..

Steve

NIce , that is a deadly tactic.. Back in the day off the Hot Weakfish spots around Cape May you did just that or throw a white bucktial with Purple Worm and the guys had equal success... Flooding the Bloods around any rocks that hold good water is a great way to have sucess..

Days are getting shorter and the nights cooler but there is still a great opportunity to target these fish before the Bass Action heats up..

Steve

Deleware bay and purple worms went hand in hand. :)

I have only caught weakfish in Barnegat and Coron's Inet.  At Crosons if I am wading I have switched to 1/4oz Eagle Claw weighted hook #3.  Is has a spring lock and can be fished weedless.  I have had luck with pink Fin-s for weakfish and I throw on a white swimbait for stripers.  I was curious if people catch weakfish in the back bays of Brigantine.  I just bought a kayak and its closer than driving to Barnegat.

<br />

Deleware bay and purple worms went hand in hand. :)

Yeah and I've looked high and low for purple fire tails, they just don't make the old Manns 4" ones they were the thicker ones...the current 6" just aren't the same quality.. I thought the point jetties were going to sink with so many people floating those blood worms.

I literally remember people using trash cans to take their catch off of the beach.

weakfish just at night? or daylight as well.... have only caught one in my life, but was my mistake drowning clams for striped one.

I got away from the bait last year and trying to keep busy until the striped ones come through...

thanks in advance

danny

Yup! As Nightstrikes said, You can get them during the day too. I'm like Nightstrikes and like to fish night time too. Last year, I completely destroyed the weakies during the day. Started catching them early September through to Sandy. And then it was 14 hours...7 days a week working to clean up. Also got a good handful of them in the spring(mid April). All of witch were no smaller than 8 pounds. One thing though...when there are a lot of boaters around, they tend to shut down a bit. Once it settles down again, they'll start to feed again. I'm using everything from 3 inch Strike King Redfish Magic shad bodies on the appropriate size jighead(depending on water depth and speed) I've used the typical Fin-S, 5 inch shads, bucktails with pork or plastic worm, lipless crankbaits, etc. Don't be discouraged, they're there!

Nice fish NightStrikes!

• 5 months later...