SteveZ

Loadin' up...

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Just put the rods in the truck...

3 1508s...7-8 'n bait sticks

2 1569s...10 'n bait

1 Tommy Farmer heaver...10 'n bait

1 AFAW 13' 6NBait...gonna throw 6-8 and a tiny bait on a cannonball rig...this one will go far...

1 1505...my mojo stick...gonna catch bait on this one

1 1502...her rod...given to her by Jeff...hope she nails one...

I think that's all. Might be a couple more out there but if not I do think I have enough to fish with for a month or so. All of these sticks wear magged 6500s of one sort or another. All are CT except the 1502...it is a home brewed C6 and is loaded with 30# braid. It'll cast with the CT reels.

So what're you gonna fish with???

good stuff buddy, cant wait to see ya :wave:

this year... my own sticks =

CTS 8-12 with akios 666w shuttle

Tommy Farmer CCP 6-10 with akios 656 shuttle

old school original all-star 1509 lpc/2pc with penn 15 fathom

and my 1502 as a backup with saltist 20h and

...backup reels are abu 6500 and 7500

tommy farmer 2-5 and skylar's spinning outfit... both for bait. I have used "riverrig" for whiting, easy to tie up, but i had a few to try out, and i have one for you too, a gift

My Ohio sticks

1) 1509 beat up

2) 1509 beat up

3) 1509 only slightly beat up

4) 165 MH a total mess from years gone by.

Almost ashamed to fish near yalls pieces of art. As long as my guides don't fall off I'm happy but got some color matched black duct tape just in case.

Still using SHVs-hoping my new handles come.

Will be good to see everyone. Keeping close on the Atlantic- west coast of Africa.

2 old school all star 1509s...my favorites.One wrapped by Gary back in the day and pretty beat up, and one is a still pristine thing of great beauty found for me by Smallbatch.Thanks for that!

a Rainshadow 1509 that I wrapped.Used to be black. I think..Looks like it has spent time with Dave's rods, and it has.Black duct tape? Sure.Why not?

Think I'll just stick with these 3 1509s for drum fishin, but I have several nice 1502s...a couple that I wrapped and one that Steve wrapped and gave me as a gift.Thanks for that too!

I have a couple nice spinning rods for kings and bait..a lami from Dillon's and another OBX custom that I got in a trade with Pierman...

You know, most of my rods have an interesting story and a unique personality...just like my fishin buds.

I also have a nice afaw blank that I have not wrapped yetsmile.gifThe plan is to make it a Kingfish conventional.One of these days.

I'm thinking about keeping the beach arsenal small and simple this time, good plan for an old geezer and easy to do when you live close by.

If I run out of rods on the beach I'll just look for Steve...he isn't telling us how many rods he really has stashed in the black ford.

Yup, Dave fishes with 1509s...so does Erik. Works of art? Ah, you mean the lucky dude. Hope he catches. Hope we all catch. Even Allen...who fishes with 1502s and coffee grinders. I know JC has a CTS. Lessee...Hugh...he goes ballistic over fusions...hee hee.

2 - Daiwa Ballistic 40-405's

WRI Fusion Mag

AS 1509

WRI Fusion if Marcus gets it done in time. ;)

Daiwas mostly for reels. Bought a 525 Mag that will go farther than my Saltists. I'll use it on one of the Ballistics or the Fusion Mag.

I'll only run 2 rods as usual, maybe 3 if I'm trying to win some money. Which ones I use will depend on conditions.

My old shoulders are liking those light Ballistics with 6 ounces more and more all the time. If I can get away with it I'll use those with 6. The 525 on a Ballistic will send 6 ounces and a smallish cob head a l-o-o-o-n-g ways.

If it takes 8 it will be the Fusion Mag which is my longest 8nbait, and one of the Ballistics.

10's and I'll use the 1509 and Fusion Mag.

Don't know where the new Fusion will fit until I throw it some.

You know, the best laid plans... Truth be told after I've been on the beach a while I'll be using whatever ones aren't in a temporary state of disfunctionality. :dismay:

I'll bite... all are lamiglas gsb150-2 cut 3 from the tip

1 built by ryan at hj

1 built by jam at rd

1 built by dan at rd

1 built by bob at rd

1 built by wayne fowlkes

all wear diawas, slosh 30s and saltist 30s

Dont know if I am gonna make it up to AI for fall drum, but would like to:drool:

My rods ain't fancy but they family, and as such have names and personalities..... "Blackie" is a 1502 made by Gary for me, "Green Lantern" a 1502 made for me by Steve, "Blue Boy" a 1502 passed down to me from Steve when he went conventional. Those three are my regular sticks, for heavy surf I have a St Croix heaver. Rounding out the stable are  three  Star Nicklelite's and an assortment of older factory rods that I haven't used for years. Four Stella spinners and a bunch of Stradic's for reels. Favorite stick is always the one that caught the last drum on.......

I'm going over 4 rods tomorrow. All will wear 6500s except for one 1502 that'll wear a 7500CT.

2 1502s - no harder than I cast, I can get away with 8oz.

1 AS 1508, full length at 13'4" - stay between 6-8oz with this one.

1 RS 1569 - for the heavy work.

2 RS 1569's

RS 1567

2 RS 1508's

RS 1502

RS 1418

Fusion

2 Tsunami's

Reels: Avets,525's, Saltists, saltiga, squalls

And depending on the bait situation & tide going to try and keep eight of em in the water at all times

going to try and keep eight of em in the water at all times

Younger & tougher than me... :dismay::scared::eek:

These days I am more likely to sign up for the Plug school of chunkin' with a couple. Well...mebbe three or four but no way could I handle eight.

It'll be good to see ya. Ain't got yer reel in the truck yet but mebbe today...