Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grimlock11

Heads up , parking lots scam

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

Giving everyone a heads up about a major scam occurring all over LI. Hispanic "family" sets up in parking lot male, female, and baby with male holding up a sign stating he lost his job, 2 kids, etc. I was at Best Buy felt bad gave $5. Went food shopping with wife and the same set up was at Shop and Stop. Same painted sign. I called the cops but they hardly did anything. The guy went inside Burger King and set up 15 minutes after. I went up to him and told him he was a thief and stealing peoples money. I was going to call the cops agin but he left , ran inside to get the other scams and they jogged up N Ocean. When I came home called some people and they fell for it too. Just a heads up hopefully you can notify some family / friends so you dont fall for this BS. Long Island is becoming more of a cesspool day by day.!:mad:

Lol Grimm that sucks. It happens a lot in queens where I live. I just ignore them all because if they needed help you can go to church.

Soon you'll have those kids that try to hustle you to buy candy for their "basketball team" jerseys. Lol I ask if I could see some documentation - like a 401c 3 lol of course it's just a sham but I like breaking their balls.

I think it's worse in Brooklyn They wait right at the drive thru

--order menu--pay window--pick up window--Crackhead asking for money----exit:D

I work in Brownsville and would rather buy a crackhead a burger at Mc' D's than have someone use a baby to scam me on LI.

I never buy that candy , some people have been arrested with that scam already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimlock11 View Post

I  gave $5.

These scams wouldn't exist if people weren't so gullible. 

Next time might I suggest if you see someone begging for money instead of giving them money you tell them if they have a wife and two kids to support their time would be better spent looking for another job rather than sitting on their ass holding a sign. 

When an honest hardworking productive member of society loses their job they will be out looking for another one, not set up in a parking lot begging for money. 

When a dishonest, lazy, unproductive member of society thinks they can get enough suckers to give them money by setting up in a busy parking lot they see no reason to get a job.

Next time might I suggest if you see someone begging for money instead of giving them money you tell them if they have a wife and two kids to support their time would be better spent looking for another job rather than sitting on their ass holding a sign. 

When an honest hardworking productive member of society loses their job they will be out looking for another one, not set up in a parking lot begging for money. 

When a dishonest, lazy, unproductive member of society thinks they can get enough suckers to give them money by setting up in a busy parking lot they see no reason to get a job.

I dont know you TJ, but I like you.

This is the problem with this country. Don't have a job? No problem, it'seasy to collect from the government and beg.

Nice avatar pic as well...

Quote:

would rather buy a crackhead a burger at Mc' D's

you really think that crackhead is going to buy a burger or even wants a burger? If you did go inside and buy him one, the crackhead would probably be trying to sell it to people before they got to the drive up menu. I think I see some red staining over your left hand breast pocket, you may want to get that looked at since it seems to be clouding your judgement

When I see a guy who looks like he cant speak english and he's sitting there with a BABY , I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have never seen somoene scam using a freaking baby. I'm with 110% about getting a job , I would never give money except when I donate a church. I wouldn't even waste my time talking with someone like that. I work in the worst parks of Brooklyn, Queens , and the Bronx and have seen alot. Never have I seen a guy using a damn baby begging for money. Calling some one gullible when they have a freaking baby is silly. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and showed compassion , just like the Lord.

I live in queens and commute to manhattan on a daily basis. There's a ton of women pretending to not speak english who drag their children through the subways all the time. Some of them actually used to use realistic looking fake babies. They sit near subway entrances most of the time, or they walk up and down the train cars once they've conned someone into swiping them into the station. I feel bad for those kids, but I refuse to give anything to someone intentionally using pity.

i've bought a mc'ds burger 5 different times for someone claiming to be homeless and or hungry. 3 out of the 5 times the burger wound up in the garbage.

When I see a guy who looks like he cant speak english and he's sitting there with a BABY , I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have never seen somoene scam using a freaking baby. I'm with 110% about getting a job , I would never give money except when I donate a church. I wouldn't even waste my time talking with someone like that. I work in the worst parks of Brooklyn, Queens , and the Bronx and have seen alot. Never have I seen a guy using a damn baby begging for money. Calling some one gullible when they have a freaking baby is silly. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and showed compassion , just like the Lord.

Come to Manhattan. I see it every day. There's one who sits at the 50th St. 1 Train station three or four times a week with her sign "Singel [sic] mom" and her kids. And then if you exit the downtown one track in the afternoon, and walk down the southernmost stair from the platform to Penn Station, there is another sow (most definitely not in starvation mode) with her brood and her sign, sitting just inside the turnstiles (slightly in the tunnel, so she can also prey on the express and uptown 1 train passengers) trying to suck dollars out of the pockets of the working folk.

Come to think of it, it's usually the women who are using their kids to lure in the gullible. Guys more often use dogs.

Using kids to beg is a time-honored third-world technique. In some areas, parents will actually cripple children on occasion, to make them more sympathetic.

Work in Manhattan for very long, it becomes simple to pass them all by. I figure that with the taxes I'm paying, I'm already doing my share to support the non-working classes. I only came close to getting scammed once, in Penn Station, by a very sympathetic-looking old lady that somehow reminded me of my recently-deceased grandmother. I was ready to toss the hag a $20 when the bottle fell out of her bag, which pretty well ruined the illusion.

At the university of Maryland I participated in a yearlong study to find out how much an individual on the street would make. I don’t remember the specifics but just with some ratty clothing, a sign, sometime during rush hours we were all averaging what would accumulate to totaling 100-250K a year. The study was done at various intersections from College Park, sprawling into DC. And our averages were likely lower than reality due to being chased out of areas.

Walmart on Rt 110 farmingdale Guy, middle eastern, Wife 2 grown kids, same deal sign lost job need $$ for food rent blah blah blah...

In the city it's horrible, now it's homeless with dogs I feel bad for the dogs....

Come to Manhattan. I see it every day. There's one who sits at the 50th St. 1 Train station three or four times a week with her sign "Singel [sic] mom" and her kids. And then if you exit the downtown one track in the afternoon, and walk down the southernmost stair from the platform to Penn Station, there is another sow (most definitely not in starvation mode) with her brood and her sign, sitting just inside the turnstiles (slightly in the tunnel, so she can also prey on the express and uptown 1 train passengers) trying to suck dollars out of the pockets of the working folk.

Come to think of it, it's usually the women who are using their kids to lure in the gullible. Guys more often use dogs.

Using kids to beg is a time-honored third-world technique. In some areas, parents will actually cripple children on occasion, to make them more sympathetic.

Work in Manhattan for very long, it becomes simple to pass them all by. I figure that with the taxes I'm paying, I'm already doing my share to support the non-working classes. I only came close to getting scammed once, in Penn Station, by a very sympathetic-looking old lady that somehow reminded me of my recently-deceased grandmother. I was ready to toss the hag a $20 when the bottle fell out of her bag, which pretty well ruined the illusion.

Actually if I saw it in the city I would have ignored it. Just shows you what a cesspool LI is becoming day by day. You have your occasional bum begging, but this isnt even an isolated incident! This is an organized scam occuring all over LI. This isn't one family , it's multiple doing the same thing, that what makes this different. This is an organized scam!!!!!!!!!!!! By a large group!!!!!!!

Even 10 years ago LI was different, you had your small pockets and you knew where they were. There are no boundries anymore, except in some rich areas. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to collect my pension in 10 years and I'll be headed west.