Rod for a Nautil N7500P

Rate this topic

Digger in Va

I'm in need of a rod to go with a Nautil N7500P. It will have to be 2 piece(transportation problems). I would perfer a 10 footer. The weights the rod will be needed for will range from 3/4 oz tins to 3 oz plugs or metal.

The rod will need to be Cheap because of my job situation. The Lamiglas XSRA1204-2 looks like it would be perfect spec wise, the low end is more important to me than the heavier weights. But, I cannot afford any Champayne, just cheap beer.

I also have found the spec's on the Fenwick Saltstik SSGS100H-2 which look good 1/2oz-4oz 15lb-30lb line. I also have found it listed for 86 bucks. This is the best I have found so far.

Am I missing anything out there. Used would be fine with me. Any idea's?

DiggerinVa

Penn SpinFisher Big Game -Surf in the 10 or 11 ft. lengths, you'll have to choose between med-heavy or heavy action. The 11 ft. med heavy sounds right if you are throwing 2 oz and less.

If all the fish you dreamed of came into your creel by wishing, why think of all the joy you would miss then, there'd be no more fun in fishing.

I don't think a 10' Sealine-X would suck for what you want.

I'd say Lami GSB 1202L if ya wanna spend about $200 & wrap it yerself for those weight ranges.

But since you have that Champaign taste with a beer budget thing go'in, the X isn't that for off the Lami.

Don't let the rating (3 to 7) on the blank scare ya off it, it loads with a much lighter bait, and 7 ounces is way too much for it.

Digger, I have a Penn Newport 10 ft. med -heavy rod which I think the Big Game Surf replaced (similiar). It's rated 3-6oz but really should be rated 3/4- 3 oz based on my experience. It's perfect for 1 -2oz plugs. So based on that I think the Big Games are over rated and are no where near handling 3+ ozs. Maybe you can check one out at a local Penn dealer.

Also I too have heard good things about the Fenwick Salt Stik both 9 and 10 ft models.

If all the fish you dreamed of came into your creel by wishing, why think of all the joy you would miss then, there'd be no more fun in fishing.