Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Which Jetty Rod would you pick?

Team Daiwa

SPINNING

TD-S S701MFS M F 7 1 10 - 20 1/2 - 2 5 $74.95

Ben Doerr

SS80M Spinning 8' M 1 6 - 17 2 7.65 2 - 24" $140.00

These are spec.'s from the 'net. I usually fish the jetties from the Indian River Inlet in Delaware. Which rod do you guys like? Should I look at others? I toss everything from bombers to bucktails to big gibbs lures.

Have any of you tried the Okuma reels? I sure like the price, but are they good?

Thanks!

My pick would be the Ben Doerr.I also fish the jetty at IRI and my main rod is the 7ft Ben Doerr.I absolutely love this rod.I fish 14lb Fireline on it and it rocks.I have thought about getting the 8ft model myself but I dont have racks on my truck yet.Its only a matter of time.The Ben Doerr rods, IMO, are the nicest ones going right now.Iv seen more than a few on the rocks at IRI.Get it in a one piece model.Not sure if it comes in a 2 piece or not.All my rods are 1 piece.

Of the 2, I'd pick the SS80M (I have one).

The 1 piece on a Jetty is good in case you fall off said Jetty. You have a rod that isn't going to come apart in the middle if you have someone pulling you back in.

The Rod has a good backbone and besides the so-so guides has caught me a lot of fish.

------------------

fishguy.gif

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside Park, NJ