Pets, show me yours.

Rate this topic

Rickman, I am so very sorry to hear that. I have been nursing my lab along for the past 11 months and I know just how devastating the loss of the family dog can be from past losses. They truly are a big part of any family. My sincere condolences Rick.....

Sorry to hear about your lab Jim. Funny how they work their way into our hearts. They have nothing really to offer, (can't shovel snow, rake leaves or clean the house, talk about the game) :) but the unconditional love and companionship they offer and the trust they place in you shows in the eyes the way nothing else can. On the other hand the eyes show the pain that they cannot express otherwise but they still do not complain, just continue show us love. Maybe that is what God meant for a spouse to be before we blew it.:)

"In the beginning, God..."
"Blessing come from many directions. Make sure you look around."  Rickman

Nice capture surfrat .... I know how tough it is to get a good exposure on all white or all black dogs. Back in my college days I was hired by a breeder of min pins to shoot their clubs dogs in a St. Louis dog show and this was back in my medium format film days. I was sweating bullets when I dropped that film off to my pro film lab that day ..... I got very lucky and the shots looked good but never agreed to do anymore work for them. All black lil dogs and firing my flash guns is a shadow nightmare waiting to happen even when you get a dead on exposure for detail..... It would of been nice to of had digital and high USO performance back on that assignment.

Clopes nice captures! As I drove through Port Deposit the other day I saw a St Bernard just sitting outside a door on a sidewalk on their main drag like it was on a sit stay. Not a soul was around the dog but it just sat there as cars went by it. All I could think was that that was a excellently trained dog or just plain lucky. I would never attempt that with my lab with that much traffic around.