jw

sebile magic swimmer copy

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

any one have any experience using them ( in the 9 in 228 or the 165 6.5 in ) do they swim well , do they hold up and do they catch fish ???

I used them this spring in the Ditch. Swim good enough to catch. Finish depends on what you use. I painted mine with cans and etex finish coat. They lasted a week of use and lots of fish. Just need to repaint and finish for next spring.

the copy's are about 7.00 for the 228 , 9 inch . just wondering if they hold up , just ordered mine

Please report on the performance. I've been interested in magic swimmers since I saw a show on WFN about em, but never could pull the trigger to buy some.

I have a couple of these that I've yet to paint. I've been holding out until I hear an easy way to paint them.

BUT I did hear through the grapevine this morining that someone who fishes the Ditch a lot refuses to use them anymore. He says he lost 2, possibly 3, fish 40 lbs + this Spring on them. He said the baits got ripped apart at the joints.

So I'm not too anxious to get mine painted up at the moment...

That person who fishes the ditch with them who lost fish, possibly, was using a hook on the tail end of it, which most of us who fish the ditch do not use, as it has been proven that even the real deal Sebiles will break at the joints when you catch a big fish in heavy current on the tail hook.

There is a very well known shop in Wareham, MA that has worked with a company to replicate the magic swimmers and stick shadds, with thicker gauge wires, epoxied in weights, and better through wiring techniques, along with a mackeral pattern. They swim just like the real deal, cost cost a boatload less ;)

[img= - Knock-Off (comes painted this way)

http://www.stripersonline.com/content/type/61/id/1458225/width/1000/height/1000] - Real

Justin I will check to see where his knock off broke. I am aware of said shop in Wareham. Did he get the Stick Shad knock offs in?

BTW I like the Japanese symbols on that Sebile. "Big Fish Please Come Eat Me"

How could I if you didn't buy me one? :huh:

You have to forgive Justin, sometimes he's a little slow. :kook:

Justin I will check to see where his knock off broke. I am aware of said shop in Wareham. Did he get the Stick Shad knock offs in?

BTW I like the Japanese symbols on that Sebile. "Big Fish Please Come Eat Me"

Stick shadds will be another week or two.

I have a smaller one or two that Storm is producing now. They are already painted and seem to perform the same as the sebile. I haven't fished them much or caught anything yet on the original or the storm version though.