yogiiiboy

How bout some pics of those Bucktails !!!

Rate this topic

2,099 posts in this topic

Been tying my own for a few weeks now , and they have been getting better with each one i complete.

i can see the uniqueness here !!!....nice buck !!!

keep the trailer longer then the hair,,,and get rid of that clip that is bent out of shape:)youll catch more fish,,,i promise;)

Thanks! The trailer was a little longer, but something bit the end off. That's a small TA clip and i think it looks bent from the angle. I don't think it got bent up. :D

Thanks! Some of these are painted with vinyl paint, some are painted with enamel, and a couple have been powder painted. I use Devcon 2 part epoxy that I buy in a local hardware. It's the 60 or 90 minute set time epoxy. I started using it many years ago for fly tying, and on jigs and just stuck with it. The longer set time allows me to coat them in batches, and I have electric turning wheels were I can coat up to about 50 flies or jigs at a time.

Some of the smaller jigs may also have clear nail polish (Sally Hansen Hard As Nails) on the threads. That brand is very popular with fly tiers & works quite well. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post

Try flat house paint color brown head n hair with a white trailer, red thread.

(srsly, I **** you not)

Won't catch fishermen but the bass love it.

Jerry

Let's see a sample of one of your creations.

My buck tails are boring I guess because they are store bought Andrus (Jetty Casters); and I guess you can say the same for my color selection. I usually get out there before first light & my colors are white on white. During the day its white on white, and so on ect,ect,ect!........wink.gif

The old timers around here used to say that any color is fine - so long as it's white.

I may not totally agree with that but at the same time it's not wrong.