yogiiiboy

How bout some pics of those Bucktails !!!

Rate this topic

2,253 posts in this topic

34 mins ago, ASrod said:

One from today’s batch. I’m personally a fan of the black head.

A31CACB1-4E95-4038-8397-7CD4621C85F9.jpeg

Nice dense tie, looks killer 

Edited by Sandbar1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 3:32 PM, Grayson said:

What Dan said, I picked it up from rod repair before I started making jigs. Few Cobia jigs I tied today, just lacking eyes and epoxy

15818055317118011509985004958478.jpg

 

Very nice job, lots of colors…..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ASrod said:

Stripped down and rewrapped some jigs for a friend today. First wraps in a while.

 

C90B1D4E-E3BE-411C-9577-046FCD3807A4.jpeg

6B3BA5C8-73C1-427A-8A5E-5BF57A043A54.jpeg

 

 

That jig is still brand new, why re-wrap that? ...... bored? :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BillZ said:

 

 

That jig is still brand new, why re-wrap that? ...... bored? :huh:

It was a poorly wrapped jig that unraveled after one trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have some pics of the old Hopkins "Hammertails" or the original "Upperman" bucktail??

 

I like to see what many of you have in those models...................

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

resurfacing an old thread because i want to see if anyone can help here with a particular jig i'm having trouble finding.

It's the old Hopkins Hammertail bucktail jig.  They came with a hammered Upperman like stainless steel head with sparse colored bucktail on the fixed hook ( the hammered print looks like their famous No=Eql and Shorty prints).

 

Anyone have an available photo of them?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

resurfacing an old thread because i want to see if anyone can help here with a particular jig i'm having trouble finding.

It's the old Hopkins Hammertail bucktail jig.  They came with a hammered Upperman like stainless steel head with sparse colored bucktail on the fixed hook ( the hammered print looks like their famous No=Eql and Shorty prints).

 

Anyone have an available photo of them?

 

 

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 1.56.29 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jesgord said:

 

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 1.56.29 PM.png

There she is.............now where can we find her.  I have some miniscule 3/8 - 1/2 oz ones in yellow.......but looking for up to 3/4 oz. size.

 

These things flat-out catch.......a summertime fluke killer !!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.