yogiiiboy

How bout some pics of those Bucktails !!!

Rate this topic

2,163 posts in this topic

26 mins ago, genu said:

@ Dan Tinman, the pic I posted a few up should look familiar. Those are 2 of the naked heads you just sent me last week  ;)

Now I know why they looked familiar.  Most bullet head bucktails you see are center balanced.  Those are forward balanced like the ones I tie.  

I see you put 3D eyes on them.  Hate to tell you this but they're almost certain to come off.  I've tried in the past even using super glue and also clear coating the whole head over the eyes and they usually come off, especially if you fish them in rocky areas.  The only way to keep them on is to have recessed cavities molded in for the eyes to go into.

Nice work thou.  All of them in the pictures are nice.

Yeah I dipped the head in clear coat and on another few I did clear coat and put crazy glue. if they come off no biggie. I kinda ran out of winter fishing projects hence me buying the heads to tie.

40 mins ago, genu said:

Yeah I dipped the head in clear coat and on another few I did clear coat and put crazy glue. if they come off no biggie. I kinda ran out of winter fishing projects hence me buying the heads to tie.

Nothing wrong with that.  A lot of guys do it.  It's fun!