Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Klein

DelMarVa Fishin' Reports; August 2012

Rate this topic

140 posts in this topic

As per the usual, it's a generally slow pick from the local waters, settled on in to our familiar summer doldrums with no shortage of unpleasant insects and some remarkably hot weather. The tasty kingfish, spot, and blues have been taken in modest numbers, and there's a decent showing of biters for those so inclined.

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? ;)

saw some pics this morning on the delaware surf fishing facebook page of a shark they caught this morning at 2:45am, dont want to post the pics as they are not mine, but it definitely doesnt look like something native to our waters. its looks like a small 4 foot or so tiger shark, not sand tiger, but actual tiger shark

yeah i agree it does look like a juvenille tiger. that's intense. waters are really warm. what else is out there.........

On Tues there was one single whiting. One.

saw some pics this morning on the delaware surf fishing facebook page of a shark they caught this morning at 2:45am, dont want to post the pics as they are not mine, but it definitely doesnt look like something native to our waters. its looks like a small 4 foot or so tiger shark, not sand tiger, but actual tiger shark

I will freely post them as that is my hands on the tail and I kayaked the bait out 200 yards, head of a 4lb blue. Were tagging sharks for DSU so this was tagged and released with the help of 4 researchers. Got another earllllyyy this morning also. We just havent put the pictures up yet. Was actually around 5ft, other was around the same, little smaller. 1000