Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Henry Fishinger

Help cant crap after surgery

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

Guys dont tell anyone I was asking...

I'm back home recovering from my 2nd kidney stone surgery in a few years

anyhow, I can piss, blood :D, but I cant take a dump apparantly due to the anesthesia and pain killers I'm on

my wife will be bringing home stool softener in a few hours, is there any other over the counter cures you recommend?

I'm very uncomfortable to say the least, I have to go, but cant...

I had that problem after surgery too, unfortunately surgery has that as one of its side effects!

Go get some aloe vera juice right away. If you're lucky to have a Trader Joe's nearby, they have big gallons of it. Any health food store has it.

Follow the directions as to how much to drink daily. It works overnight for me, at least things start moving :) Keep it up daily, plus ensure you're drinking plenty of water, at least 8 cups per day.

Aloe vera is extremely nutritious and healing so it will also help your recovery from surgery.

Cheers,

BB

Mickey D's and a couple of Heinekins followed by a cup of Joe, cup of apple juice and some sauerkraut. You'll think your organs are coming out. Really, your system was slowed down to near death activity, it will take a few days to get back to regularity. And really if you take the above, you'll either puke or poop.:D

A nice Italian dish with a generous portion of " Garlic " chopped real small , so as not to choke you , guaranteed to work , kept our hound dogs very healthy , Frank T

LOL - I remember after my gallbladder surgery, I could actually feel the 'substances' within my colon moving along the track...each turn up the ascending, through the transendind and the descending portions...LOL

Fleets Phospho Soda. Drink plenty of water with it (or any laxative for that matter). I've tried about 5-8 different "solutions" and ALL taste like the worst thing you will ever try in your life... so be prepared for that.. you can mix it with ginger-ale or Gatorade but remember this, you will never... ever.. drink whatever you mix it with again. There are few others.. last time was some clear bottle.. maybe 30oz in total, can't recall the name but if you drank it quickly and if it was practically frozen it was sort of "ok" for the first few gulps.

Make sure you have a lot of free time because you'll be spending next day on the toilet :D

Go to your local pharmacy and pick up a 8oz bottle of Magnesium Citrate. Follow the directions on the bottle. 1 - 6 hours later the deed WILL be done. :th:

been there too. it used to be they didnt release you from the hosp until you had been able

to go to the bathroom, in case there were any problems.

Yup - except because of the lap type surgeries these days and the gas they use to fill your abdomen, it's usually that they want to ensure 1) that you've successfully passed gas (to get rid of the gas they fill you with) and 2) that you pee (so that they can monitor the color of the urine, especially for darker urine, which can indicate infection, or blood...although trace amounts is usually not a concern)