Waterfall

Rate this topic

I had this on th Massachusetts forum, I did not know about this forum so...

just want to show the quality you can get with today's modern digital Point and shoot cameras and a 25 dollar tripod. 5 seconds at f8 no ND filter needed. It's a common subject but I never get tired of it.

Yeah all Singh-Ray filters are pricey but you truly get what you pay for with these......... true optical quality glass with exceptional coatings.

It differs with a regular polarizer due to assigning a color channel to each wavelength in this case blue for one wavelength and gold for the other. This filter has saved the day for me more times than enough when the lighting is anything but perfect. It is a constant carry item in my landscape kit along with a warming polarizer, Vari ND, and various gradient 4"x6" filters.

They are screw-ons Tduffy..... I get all my circular filters at 77mm and use step down rings if I have to to affix them to my various lenses.

I am a landscape photog first and foremost and I would not go afield without a Tripod, Remote shutter device, Variable Neutral Density filter, a warming polarizer, a Blue/Gold polarizer and my 4"x6" gradient filters in various densities and configurations. If an accessory can be categorized as a "day saver" my filters would fill that category for me. I know no serious landscape photographers who don't use these kind of filters in their everyday work photography. They make THAT big of a difference in the final capture.

But beware Tduffy the brand I use are VERY PRICEY and some can run equal to what many pay for their everyday lenses. For example, they make combo filters (where they do 2-3 functions all in one filter that are priced in the mid $500's.

Sounds like nice stuff. When I used to used the SQ's for weddings I used to have that Lihnhof drop system. Nice stuff really quick on the change, and yeah a little pricy. I'll say I do like the idea of a bigger filter and just buy step down rings. Sounds like a good method for my dslr canon stuff.

(Just call me Tom):)