Leatherface

Let's See Those Long Island Fish!

Rate this topic

3,600 posts in this topic

I had a great opportunity last fall to get some from the beach, but I was not prepared. They were blitzing up and down the beach and I was running after them like a lunatic. My wife thought I was nuts. :D

Now I have some rigs ready to go if they should appear again. I'll have a rod set up and ready to grab if I see any sign of them from the beach again.

Good luck with that BOB! I'll just sit around and cast to them 344,000 times with a BRAND NEW Deadly Dick, a Penn Battle loaded with 17lb. Mono, a 12lb Seaguar flouro leader and not catch ****! :mad: I always have a rod/reel ready for them(in fact for years I have had one ready!) I have run into them multiple times and CAUGHT ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SUCK! :mad:

Good luck with that BOB! I'll just sit around and cast to them 344,000 times with a BRAND NEW Deadly Dick, a Penn Battle loaded with 17lb. Mono, a 12lb Seaguar flouro leader and not catch ****! :mad: I always have a rod/reel ready for them(in fact for years I have had one ready!) I have run into them multiple times and CAUGHT ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SUCK! :mad:

They will rarely pass up a teaser when it's presented in the right way. :D

It is not common, but 2 years ago I was fishing with buddy on the North Shore. All of a sudden, birds are going crazy and they are coming closer.

My friend lands what he thought was a blue fish, but boy were we surprised? But at his next cast, his lami snaps in 2 pieces! I landed 2 with my AirWave baby, and my rod survided! Boy he took a lot of beating about breaking the rod.

But he got me back;

I was fishing with him last winter, and guess what? my airwave snaps in 2 when I tried to cast as hard as I could!

I then realized, It's not a good idea to joke about broken rod, in th emidst of a blitz! :D

Landed 3 more bass this evening, and one on the red teaser (spiked with Gulp).

The shores are coming alive again; the cold front and rain is helping.

This is a 28" and it looks worse than it was, the tongue was slightly nicked.

Landed 3 more bass this evening, and one on the red teaser (spiked with Gulp).

The shores are coming alive again; the cold front and rain is helping.

This is a 28" and it looks worse than it was, the tongue was slightly nicked.

Nice job!

Today the bottom bite was insane.Looking for scup The seabass were a pain in the a$$.We did get some scup up to 3lbs and seabass 2 to 3 were one after another.My biggest of the day 6lbs and I had a 5lbs to.395

Today the bottom bite was insane.Looking for scup The seabass were a pain in the a$$.We did get some scup up to 3lbs and seabass 2 to 3 were one after another.My biggest of the day 6lbs and I had a 5lbs to.395

Nice knucklehead mike, fish is nice too.......:laugh: