cow tamer

Hook Disposal

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

I cut the very tip off just below the barb, making it a dull hook. Then throw in a can. When can is full I discarg in the trash.

Never gave it much thought just throw mine out with the trash,Inside a standard garbage bag. I guess you r concerned it my impale garbage man. Cutting off the point would render the hook useless, I will try it going forward.

Never really gave it much thought - just toss them in a garbage can in the garage...that can gets dumped into the big one in the driveway - and that one is mechanically emptied by the garbage truck. Nobody ever touches the garbage in my garbage can...I guess that's why I never considered throwing away hooks to be dangerous :b:

TimS

Just drop them in salt water.

They melt in a week.

Caution: This is safe from a pier/dock ....but I wouldn't do it in the surf.

AMMO

They melt in a week.

AMMO

I wouldnt be proud saying this.. :thdwn: were soposed to take care of our waters and fish..I know the hooks will eventually rot away but we shouldnt be doing this...sorry Ammo

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMMO View Post

They melt in a week.

AMMO

Not my stuff. Friday night I snagged a rig I lost 2 years ago, the hooks were in really bad shape, but they certainly hadn't melted. I know it was my stuff, nothing I sold. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfcast View Post

Never gave it much thought just throw mine out with the trash,Inside a standard garbage bag. I guess you r concerned it my impale garbage man. Cutting off the point would render the hook useless, I will try it going forward.

Same here, never put any though into it. I have put them in a walmart plastic bag, but that's as far as i've gone with it.