Rate this topic

Sudsy

On 6/1/2019 at 8:31 PM, KurtGett said:

Back to the top

F01A8258-83CA-4B0A-8DB7-539060DA1599.jpeg

116C0826-3100-44A0-8850-CF58E6F82E86.jpeg

0E8AFBD6-AD35-42BF-B7A2-A72317A8D997.jpeg

E411B27A-90D3-4CE8-9C00-F1D5EE2E63E7.jpeg

Saw this just the other day at my BIL's while helping him move. I asked him what it was and he had no idea, it had been his father's and he couldn't get rid of it. He thought it had something to do with making bullets because his father was an avid hunter. Now I can tell him it's a nut cracker !

(*member formerly known as 'PCSilverstriper')

6 hours ago, PCstriper said:

Saw this just the other day at my BIL's while helping him move. I asked him what it was and he had no idea, it had been his father's and he couldn't get rid of it. He thought it had something to do with making bullets because his father was an avid hunter. Now I can tell him it's a nut cracker !

My back story on this nutcracker....

Last weekend my wife and I went to a local estate sale.  I saw this on the counter and thought..."what the heck is that for"? Then my mind drifted to this SOL what the heck is it tool thread and I thought you guys would be able to tell me.   Then I saw the box and thought to myself if I hadn't seen the box, I would have never thought this to be a nutcracker.  Seems a bit of overkill to me.  Still thought it would make a good post so I offered $1.00 against the posted price of $2.00 and bought the most sophisticated, nutcracker known to man.  I love the advertising bullet on the box... "Prepares nut meats as you need them"

Thats a funny story about your BIL holding onto it for so long and not using it for its intended function. 

17 hours ago, Gundalba said:

Ooooooooh! Nice Thread. Love it.. Let me chip in with something that got me scratch my head for some time. ;)

what-it1.jpg

drill stop  would put them drills when using a bit brace.  old drills with the pointy diamond head that fit into a bit brace.

5 hours ago, ccb said:

drill stop  would put them drills when using a bit brace.  old drills with the pointy diamond head that fit into a bit brace.

Golly~ that was quick. :clap:

Where were you while I was scratching my head while sitting right next the auger bits it supposed go on. For more than a year.. on and off that is. ;)  

"Stanley No. 49 Auger Bit Depth Stop" would be the proper name for it.

On 6/5/2019 at 9:22 PM, KurtGett said:

bought the most sophisticated, nutcracker known to man. 

I see your sophisticated nutcracker and raise you a rubber band powered inertia nutcracker

5cfaa2bbd3bb5_Nutcrackerinertiapowered.jpg.c66c8d2f254a511358b86cc2fd2bdcbc.jpg

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

3 hours ago, Sudsy said:

I see your sophisticated nutcracker and raise you a rubber band powered inertia nutcracker

My ol' lady just described to me a rubber band nut cracker......

It was nothing like what you posted. But she's seen stuff that "would turn you white."

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 1:46 PM, Sudsy said:

Nothing like driving a nail with a sledge.

Texas  :laugh:

The wheels on my reels go round and round...round and round...round and round...

seeing all these nut crackers reminds me of a joke

Little johnny goes into his mothers room and she is laying on the bed nude

he asks, whats that ma. ma responds thats my squirrel.

then he goes in his grandmother bedroom and she's laying nude on the bed also.

Johnny asks whats that grandma. grandma responds thats my squirrel.

Johnny  says wait a minute, wait a minute , how come mama's squirrel is brown and your squirrel is gray?  Well when your mothers squirrel cracks as many nuts as mine has , hers will me gray also. 

• 3 weeks later...