Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
castingkid

Shimano Reel Repair

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I have some sustains that got dunked a lot this year and are very grimmey and not very smooth. I don't want to take them apart myself because i am not very knowledgable with reels like sustains with all those bearings and parts, and i don't want to send it to shimano because it took 3 months for them to send it back last year, and it is late now because the season is right around the corner. They are not very smooth anymore and i was wondering if anyone knew someone or someplace that does good cleaning and repair to shimano reels in the NY/NJ area.

Thanks,

Castingkid

Kid, look up Shimano on their site and find a place close to home. I looked at your profile and haven't a clue to where you live, it's not on the island is it? Just beware, Shimano parts and labor don't come cheap. Prospector

The Sportsmen's Center in Bordentown, NJ is a licensed Shimano repair center. I bought a Calcutta 400 there and sent it in a year later for tune up (nothing much wrong with it - preventive maintenance, clean and tune up was about $15). You can send it to them and they will send it back repaired, although it is a pretty good store and worth a visit if you like fishing stores.

Tel # 609-298-5300