Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jameso20o

Blues

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Cauce they got teeth, bite, trash boats, destroy equipment, and taste terrable. :mad: Just because they are easy to catch, fight to the end with strong runs, and are an absolute blast to catch is no reason to like them. :huh:

amen god bless the bluefish

Cauce they got teeth, bite, trash boats, destroy equipment, and taste terrable. :mad: Just because they are easy to catch, fight to the end with strong runs, and are an absolute blast to catch is no reason to like them. :huh:

amen god bless the bluefish

No no no, I hate those yellow eyed toothy bastids. :mad:

The blues have invaded Westport. They chopped up my sluggos to hell this morning. I saw a guy land a few, I landed none. Was left with a bunch of half eaten sluggos.

After I loose a plastic or 2 to blues, I ditch them and start using some tooth friendly lures! :D

The blues have invaded Westport. They chopped up my sluggos to hell this morning. I saw a guy land a few, I landed none. Was left with a bunch of half eaten sluggos.

Yea Westport, Massachusetts all the way to Little Compton in Rhody

Saw someone catch small blue tonight off a bomber, and I only got a sea robin off a bomber. I heard where I was fishing there were some small bass and bluefish action earlier.

It is with sadness in my heart, I must report the death of my fishing area, the boofish have arrived. In 2+ feet of water and within spitting distance of the shore, my fishing buddy hooked onto one yesterday. I tried to cut his line to keep it out of the boat but he would have no part of that and quickly boated it. He then quickly threw it back before I could put a few bullets in it.

After I loose a plastic or 2 to blues, I ditch them and start using some tooth friendly lures! :D

If your goal is to save lures or catch those blues you're right. If you want the bass that are feeding with the blues keep tossing the plastics.

I used to do the same as you until I started pouring my own plastics. Now that I can spare them I trash a few more but also keep hooking bass.

Try slicing half way through the sluggo with a razor and putting a wire leader in it. Then melt it back together and you have a blue fish proof sluggo. You won't get the same action so a twitch while reeling in gives it more life.

Only fish that comes close to fighting like a Blue that swims in our Sound is a tuna. And theyre far and few between.

Blue fish ROCK!:hi5:

As much as I love SB, to me they are a better fish to catch, blues are fun as hell. What a fight they put up that's different than a bass as you all know.

I agree with the sluggos, gotta put a wire through them or it's just a "meal" for the blues.

I've been going off the boat with live bunker still on the treble, the bastards chop half off all the time.

oh well, but they're plentiful and easy to catch.

Okay,so I was messin' around throwing metals at some small blues that were surfacing on a break while I was flukin. I've been wanting to try to eat one for a couple of years now as the reports I hear from people I know and don't know are conflicting. So I kept a 2lber,bled and filleted it immediately after catching it and put it on ice. Took it home,cut it in small chunks,soaked in milk for about an hour,breaded it,fried it and you know what? I FREAKIN LOVE IT! IT'S DELICIOUS! I also baked a fluke the same night and you know it's still sitting in the fridge headed for the trash. I ate some but it was mush and has no flavor. Looks like from here on out either my fishin' buddies or neighbors are getting the fluke or they're going back in the drink. LONG LIVE THE BLUEFISH!

Okay,so I was messin' around throwing metals at some small blues that were surfacing on a break while I was flukin. I've been wanting to try to eat one for a couple of years now as the reports I hear from people I know and don't know are conflicting. So I kept a 2lber,bled and filleted it immediately after catching it and put it on ice. Took it home,cut it in small chunks,soaked in milk for about an hour,breaded it,fried it and you know what? I FREAKIN LOVE IT! IT'S DELICIOUS! I also baked a fluke the same night and you know it's still sitting in the fridge headed for the trash. I ate some but it was mush and has no flavor. Looks like from here on out either my fishin' buddies or neighbors are getting the fluke or they're going back in the drink. LONG LIVE THE BLUEFISH!

:upck:

"I also baked a fluke the same night and you know it's still sitting in the fridge headed for the trash]"

:waah: