Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew C.

Trout id

12 posts in this topic

From a lake in CT, stocked with browns, rainbows, and broodstock salmon. I'm going with salmon. Doesn't look like any brown that I've ever caught before.. Pics aren't the greatest, sorry.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3566640/width/700/height/525]

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3566643/width/700/height/525]

Looks like a Landlocked/Atlantic Salmon to me. I have seen some browns with similar spots, but they were never that silver, unless you have sea run browns in your area and than would not happen in a lake unless you had a fish ladder leading up from a river.

Nice Catch -Atlantic Salmon are notoriously hard to fool with a lure.

Looks like a Landlocked/Atlantic Salmon to me. I have seen some browns with similar spots, but they were never that silver, unless you have sea run browns in your area and than would not happen in a lake unless you had a fish ladder leading up from a river.

Nice Catch -Atlantic Salmon are notoriously hard to fool with a lure.

Check out the second fish from the bottom. I caught that one this morning. Completely silver. The one below it is a brown, caught a couple minutes after the one above it. Both fish are from a private hatchery up the road that stocks this creek the last stocking 2 weeks ago they dumped browns only in.

Check out the second fish from the bottom. I caught that one this morning. Completely silver. The one below it is a brown, caught a couple minutes after the one above it. Both fish are from a private hatchery up the road that stocks this creek the last stocking 2 weeks ago they dumped browns only in.

anyway - they look tastey :drool: