ah what the heck! dime a dozen sunset/sunrises

Rate this topic

13 mins ago, TKSurf said:

IMG_1077 (002).jpg

Where?

And I have to ask, but did you touch-up the saturation or was that what you saw? I ask not to insult, just from a knowledge that colors like that in reality are few and far between*

* Confession, I do touch-up more often than not, a little Saturation boost and push of Definition in the iOS photo app...

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

OK, this one is from Juno Beach Pier on Sunday morning. It was an OK sunrise with a rain squall on the horizon. There's a couple of minutes between the first photo and the other two, all on iPhone 13Pro. The latter photos were taken because the tall columnar cloud in the distance was being commented on by two 20ish women I was walking by: "Look, it is a penis!" I turned and saw what you see below, two snaps. Perhaps the women saw it better than a male would, but... 

IMG_9035.jpeg.8b181adf4070e69b23ca2ab1155e4023.jpeg

IMG_9036.jpeg.f42a323201cc7dd51646deecfafc1a23.jpeg

IMG_9037.jpeg.20e4a314a23df733963c624179687203.jpeg

Edited by flyangler

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

2 mins ago, flyangler said:

Where?

And I have to ask, but did you touch-up the saturation or was that what you saw? I ask not to insult, just from a knowledge that colors like that in reality are few and far between*

* Confession, I do touch-up more often than not, a little Saturation boost and push of Definition in the iOS photo app...

This is in NJ, we have lots of great sunrises but this is just an iphone picture where I had to dial back the exposure a little because the sun was up at this point and that tends to wash out the colors a bit. I'm just out every morning fishing so when the colors look best I can pull the camera out a take a shot. I am a technology  avoider and have no idea what the iOS photo app even is. 

Just now, TKSurf said:

This is in NJ, we have lots of great sunrises but this is just an iphone picture where I had to dial back the exposure a little because the sun was up at this point and that tends to wash out the colors a bit. I'm just out every morning fishing so when the colors look best I can pull the camera out a take a shot. I am a technology  avoider and have no idea what the iOS photo app even is. 

It is Photos, nothing complicated. At this point, it does much of what the more "fancy" photo editing apps can do. 

Curiosity, how do you carry your phone? 

I have posted it here somewhere (turns out Feb 2019 below), but i keep my iPhone in a chest pocket of my shirt attached to a lanyard around my neck (which is why all of my fishing photos show me in a button-up shirt with chest pockets) The pocket location makes it easy to grab the phone, take one or two snaps, and either drop it (to release fish) or put it back in shirt pocket (continue fishing). Much better than keeping in pocket of shorts; probably equivalent to keeping in chest wader pocket but if the wader pocket is one of those loose upside down deals, much easier. 

That old discussion is below but it appears the photos are gone, probably scrubbed to keep Tim's server storage costs reasonable. I can post photos again if anyone is interested, just let me know, 

- Victor Davis Hanson 

1 hour ago, flyangler said:

It is Photos, nothing complicated. At this point, it does much of what the more "fancy" photo editing apps can do. 

Curiosity, how do you carry your phone? 

I have posted it here somewhere (turns out Feb 2019 below), but i keep my iPhone in a chest pocket of my shirt attached to a lanyard around my neck (which is why all of my fishing photos show me in a button-up shirt with chest pockets) The pocket location makes it easy to grab the phone, take one or two snaps, and either drop it (to release fish) or put it back in shirt pocket (continue fishing). Much better than keeping in pocket of shorts; probably equivalent to keeping in chest wader pocket but if the wader pocket is one of those loose upside down deals, much easier. 

That old discussion is below but it appears the photos are gone, probably scrubbed to keep Tim's server storage costs reasonable. I can post photos again if anyone is interested, just let me know, 

Thanks, I'll have to ask one of my photographer friends about it. If I have my fishing shirt on I'll just have it in the front pocket, when wearing waders I'll put it in the wader pocket inside, although if I'm not careful to zip it up then the phone ends up down by my ankle somewhere and its hard to fish out when you have a fish up on the beach that you want to take a picture of. Thanks for that link also. 

7 hours ago, flyangler said:

OK, this one is from Juno Beach Pier on Sunday morning. It was an OK sunrise with a rain squall on the horizon. There's a couple of minutes between the first photo and the other two, all on iPhone 13Pro. The latter photos were taken because the tall columnar cloud in the distance was being commented on by two 20ish women I was walking by: "Look, it is a penis!" I turned and saw what you see below, two snaps. Perhaps the women saw it better than a male would, but... 

IMG_9035.jpeg.8b181adf4070e69b23ca2ab1155e4023.jpeg

IMG_9036.jpeg.f42a323201cc7dd51646deecfafc1a23.jpeg

IMG_9037.jpeg.20e4a314a23df733963c624179687203.jpeg

Must be a male cloud.  LOL!

"I just do what the voices in my tackle box tell me to do."

5 hours ago, TKSurf said:

Thanks, I'll have to ask one of my photographer friends about it. If I have my fishing shirt on I'll just have it in the front pocket, when wearing waders I'll put it in the wader pocket inside, although if I'm not careful to zip it up then the phone ends up down by my ankle somewhere and its hard to fish out when you have a fish up on the beach that you want to take a picture of. Thanks for that link also. 

buy a cheap case/cover that fits your phone and a detachable lanyard like that shown. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 4.16.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 4.16.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 4.16.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 4.16.39 PM.png

- Victor Davis Hanson 

19 hours ago, flyangler said:

buy a cheap case/cover that fits your phone and a detachable lanyard like that shown. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 4.16.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 4.16.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 4.16.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 4.16.39 PM.png

My phone case came with a lanyard.  It broke after a while    Now I use a cheap Carabiner clip and 50# mono to attach to my belt loop.   I just ordered a new phone so I was looking for a new case with lanyard mounting holes.   Looks like your case might have one in the left corner of the 2nd picture