Gully

ah what the heck! dime a dozen sunset/sunrises

3,324 posts in this topic

yeah yeah.  they're a dime a dozen but its what i like.  post em up fellas!  

1-3,7-2012 055.JPG

sunrise-fishing 050.jpg

sunset-moon 026edit.jpg

sunrise 062.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plug and teaser View Post

Nice shots....I don't buy the dime a dozen thing, they're not as easy as many think IMHO.

thank you.  i have to agree.  they are in fact all different.  although sunsets/rises can get bland you can really spice them up with cool stuff in the foreground.  

lately ive been really into the pre-rise or the post-set when the color of the sunlight shines up on the clouds illuminating the underside of the clouds close to the horizon.  it doesnt happen all the time.  you need the right clouds, the right angle to the clouds and the right sunrise/set to make it work.  

1-3,7-2012 044.JPG

DBK wrote:

yeah yeah.  they're a dime a dozen but its what i like.  post em up fellas!

I didn't mean to demean this art form. I've just heard it said so many times that it made for an interesting lead. I love sunsets and sunrises. They offer so many option for creativity and the colors can be spectacular.

Just to show my sincerity here's another sunset, this one from the Florida Keys.

6-17-10 007-1.jpg

Excellent shots guys and I too love a great sunrise or sunset photography but I do know exactly what C-fish meant with the comment. I too hear it all the time among photographers and it is a very common badging they use in reference to this genre of photography. Personally I am sure C-fish feels the same as I do about sunrise/sunset photos and that they all are extremely enjoyable to witness and capture. They are a gradient filter users life's blood ;) ( I know I b 1 ;) )

DSC00227-1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaLodon_Hunter View Post

dbk that 2nd shot in your first post was very creative.

thank you.  its been posted in the nj random images before.  smile.gif

No exactly a sunset, but how about night time on Prince William Sound, Alaska in August. That's about as dark as it gets.

Img0131-1.jpg

There is always something special and unique associated with every first and last light of the day. Great shots all!

sunrise over Ridge, MD:

[img=

Sunset from my front yard, Lower Matecumbe Key, FL sometime in 1978 using a 110 instamatic. I took my first fly-caught bonefish on the flat just beyond the tiki hut. I need to find the negative of this one, the original photo is really starting to deteriorate:

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3530025/width/700/height/490]