Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leatherface

2012 Fluke regs

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

I know I'm going to hear it but I think the 3 fish at 21 was great. 2 fish at 21 even better ....I would do 2 fish at 22 even. I say this because the quality of fluke out there is so much better now then 10 years ago. And. It's great when you are throwing back shorts that are 20 inches. Your still getting a great fight. Just imagine 2 fish at 22 inches for 2 years. The quality if fish 2 years after that would be even better. I know I have heard people complain that there fluke season was slow or it was hard to catch keeper or a limit with these larger regs but I find that hard to believe. I did very well the last 2 seasons. I caught so many 19-20 inch fish last year i think there will be a giant decline wih many many limits caught this year. Just my opinion

From last fall, a couple like this in the last 2 days!!!

Looks like a friggin Halibut...........

^^^^^^^^Why would you want to eat a larger fish,yuk :upck: 17-18inch fish is perfect..

I don't think you're going to taste any difference in a fluke. I prefer the larger ones because they tend to thicken up and you can do a lot more with them as far as cooking goes.

I think these new regs are a good thing, it now makes it worth while to get out and it's on par with the other states.

may 1st-sept 30th

And personally I like the new regs but as stated dont really see much of a difference in the quality between bigger and smaller fish, if anything bigger is better because as said you can do so much more with a 26in fish then a 17 18in fish

^^^^^^^^Why would you want to eat a larger fish,yuk :upck: 17-18inch fish is perfect..

I don't taste a difference in a 20in. Fluke and a 28in. Fluke. I do bleed out ALL fish I am going to keep so maybe thats it. I'm gonna do a lot of Fluking this year, I'll let you know if I taste a difference...