Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew C.

Droid vs I phone

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew C. View Post

Which one? I'm on verizon, so its a 4g droid or a 3g iphone. I'm partial to the iphone but really don't know anything about the droids.

What do you use now? 

You know this is a VS versus ZB kind of thing, right? 

Seeing as you're moving to Madison, I'd probably do the iphone. cwm27.gif

You're probably right about that and Madison... I also realize its vs vs zb as well, but are there any real or practical reasons to go with the 4g droid over the 3g iphone?

I'm on Verizon and I switched from a Droid X to an Iphone. The only reason I switched is because the Razor Maxx was unavailable for a few weeks. So far I have been very happy with the Iphone, It was easier to set up with my multiple emails. The biggest draw back is that it's Apples way or the high way. The Droid was much more customize-able. In my opinion, the Iphine is a btter phone for the casual phone user.

I'm on Verizon and I switched from a Droid X to an Iphone. The only reason I switched is because the Razor Maxx was unavailable for a few weeks. So far I have been very happy with the Iphone, It was easier to set up with my multiple emails. The biggest draw back is that it's Apples way or the high way. The Droid was much more customize-able. In my opinion, the Iphine is a btter phone for the casual phone user.

that would be me for sure...

I think droids are easier to use then iphones. Both my parents have 3g iphones and quite honestly I like my 3g droid better.

The Droid is a great phone, Very easy to get used to. I got the 4g EVO, Love it. MY wife has the i phone, It's in my opinion a lot more difficult to Use and navigate the phone.

I was one of the earlier adopters of the blackberry, I am going back quite a few years 1998 ish? For the past 4 years I was forced to use the iPhone for work, I found it awkward to use, too much swiping for basic info compared to the blackberry. Next came some newer models of the iPhone which indeed we're faster but again to much multiple hand work just to enter contacts or retrieve a file. If you're in to cute GUI interfaces the apple iPhone is the best. Some people like penny loafers because they don't like to tie their shoes- these people like iphones. For the past year or so I have been using the android platform on my Tmobile sensation 4g...............still a lot of swiping but not quite as much, but far greater practicality in some of the apps. This might be due to the fact that it's a more open system. This current phone is free with new activation right now, is pretty close to the Blackberry as far as fine tuning to what you want, rather than what apple wants. I chose Tmobile because of 2 reasons, the fully loaded unlimited text, email, data and a bunch of anytime minutes was well nder 100 bucks per month, the same for the iPhone thru AT&T was almost 175 bucks for chitty service and lots of dropped calls

If there a single best reason why you should choose an iPhone would be.........if you have an iPad and/or Mac in the stable. I prefer commen platforms now adays. The iCloud feature is handy but not impossible with other platforms like windows and android OS with apps like boxnet and other cloud services for storage.

Put me down for a vote for an android phone......

Former CrackBerry addict here....I went iPhone in part because I already had the iPad.

I know some Verizon sales reps and all seem to have an iPhone for personal use. The feedback I get is the Droid platform tends to be "buggy" and often doesn't run smoothly. There are no rules/guidelines for publishing Droid apps in the market place or elsewhere; which leads to more issues and multiple apps for the same purpose. The upside to a Droid is all run on a micro-USB versus having to use an Apple dock connector. And honestly I think AT&T gets some better Droid platform devices than Verizon.

The iPhone default calendar flat out sucks, it's not buggy, it sucks! Coming from a phone with a good calendar app to this was a huge fall. Otherwise, I got over the e-mail syncing every 15 minutes and not instantly like the CrackBerry; RIM has the best e-mail servicing but the devices are dated. The web browsing on the iPhone is quick and the commands in Safari make it easy to navigate.

At work we evaluated the droid vs. Iphone and the Droid won based on screen size, plan and data costs, custom apps charges. Again this is with work in mind and not personal use.

My Opinion:

Crackberry for the serious emailer/typer - that's me - I type the equivalent to War & Peace in a given day.....would never happen with an iphone touchtype

iPhone for the average user who wants apps and IMO the most high-tech device available on the market....nothing is as sharp and responsive...Apple is oppressive, but there has to be some give n take, I have to give it to them for running a stable and controlled platform

Droid - for the serious nerd/power user who wants complete control and doesn't mind the compromise of a second rate touchscreen phone...they just don't have the responsiveness as iphone.., buggy, hesitates, slower. ...the Droid app market is a bit more like the wild west and you read about A LOT of droid viruses and hacks....Mac still is fairly immune, but that will and is changing

I think iphone for the lay person is going to give them the best overall experience....the rest have concessions

I've had them all going back to the mid 90's, for me the iPhone is the best phone I've ever had. I use my phone constantly through out the day (IT); I find the new phone screen size too large on most of the Droids.

It's amazing how far they've come; I remember how cool and trendy I thought I was when I bought a Startac. :)

Current computer is a mac (and probably always will be). Current (and prior phones) were blackberry - NEVER AGAIN.... The sales rep started to bring me over to the blackberrys last night and I said that they weren't an option.

I know people with each and they all seem to like what they have. If the verizon i phone was a 4g phone it would be a no brainer, but its only 3g. That's the main reason that I am considering the Droid. Will decide later today, leaning towards the i phone. Thanks for the replies.

FWIW - the 4G network isn't the most stable and reliable, yet. Several friends with Droids are always having issues.

I keep Wi-Fi enabled on the iPhone to speed up the web browsing. Otherwise 3G is working fine with very few "dead spots".