Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dena

I n Zimmerman's corner....

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Mr Zimmerman hasn't got the support of many folks in this country.He is so unpopular he had to go into hiding.

He has a price on his head by the New Black Panthers, will be the center piece of a march tomorrow on Sanford.

But, all is not lost, Mr Zimmerman has the support of one very influential group of people. These folks have caused violence across the World by their acts.

He has the support of the reverend and his flock that burned the Korans, and caused riots in the Middle East..

Do you think that this will help or hurt Mr Zimmerman?

George Zimmerman wins support of Quran-burning pastor

3:55 p.m. EST, March 30, 2012|

By Henry Pierson Curtis, Orlando Sentinel

The Gainesville pastor who set off riots in the Middle East by burning the Quran is turning out to support George Zimmerman today at a University of Florida protest of Trayvon Martin's shooting death, according to Rev. Terry Jones' Dove World Outreach Center.

Jones and 20 members of his church plan to attend a march scheduled to begin about 5 p.m. at the UF campus and continue along University Avenue to Gainesville City Hall, said Fran Ingram, a church spokeswoman.

He will likely face oppostion because the march is in support of Trayvon and will include people who want Zimmerman arrested.

"He will be there to advocate for George Zimmerman's Constitutional rights," Ingram said.

Zimmerman, 28, is accused of shooting Trayvon, 17, on Feb. 26 in a gated community in Sanford.

Zimmerman, who has a state-issued concealed-weapon permit, told police he fired to defend his life after the teenager attacked him. There is no independent account of what happened or eyewitnesses who saw the initial confrontation.

Trayvon's killing and Florida's stand-your-ground, self-defense law have spawned nationwide protests.

Jones, who is known to carry a pistol for protection, drew international attention in 2010 when he announced his intention to burn 1,000 copies of the Quran on the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Temporarily dissuaded by religious and political leaders, Jones staged the burning of Islam's holy book last year that was blamed for riots and the killings of at least seven U.N. workers in Afghanistan.

h

I thought this was too funny to keep to myself, so I had to share.

I have been wrong in the past but I thought this wan't about any individual, although by the numerous threads in the PG forum one couldn't say.

This sin't about who Zimmermann or Martin are or were, it's about whether the law was broken and if the police handled the incident professiosnally.

But I could be wrong.

Yer right TJ. It is about what the police didn't do, and a weakness in the law.

The worst thing to do is act hastily, with emotions running high.

I was hoping, in this thread, for a little levity, and comments about weather this 'choosing of sides' is a good thing.

We basically have the battle of the Reverands, Jesse, Al, and Terry.

It ain't often than men of the cloth go at each other in public like this.

We basically have the battle of the Reverands, Jesse, Al, and Terry.

Media ho's, what can you expect. Someone breaks a toenail and those guys are out there putting their two cents in. Plus there's money to make which makes them worse.

Does attaching the title 'Reverend' before your name make you immune to criticism?

If so, I want my user name to be Reverend dena.

No, attaching titles such as "Reverend", "Father", "Preacher",and "Pastor" will likely garner more, not less, criticism..... especially if you happenn to be white. Now, if you can convince your "flock" to behead those who criticize, then you're probably not going to experience much criticism. Hmmmm, is there an equivalent Muslim title to "Reverend"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dena View Post

Does attaching the title 'Reverend' before your name make you immune to criticism?

If so, I want my user name to be Reverend dena.

It makes you immune to taxes.

Zimmerman is small potatoes at this point.  I would like to see someone go get Zimmerman, tie him to a chair, and deliver him to the set of Al Sharpton's show.  Pin a note to his shirt.

"Here you go reverend.  Here he is.  We don't give a **** anymore, we have real stuff to worry about.  Thanks for taking up the slack and dealing with this guy.  We would love to know how you resolve it so put some video up on ********.

Thanks, your pals.

Pretty much all of America.

I have been wrong in the past but I thought this wan't about any individual, although by the numerous threads in the PG forum one couldn't say.

This sin't about who Zimmermann or Martin are or were, it's about whether the law was broken and if the police handled the incident professiosnally.

But I could be wrong.

I continue to be mystified how ANYONE here or elsewhere can purport to answer this question from the press information alone, which is all any of us has.

But I could be wrong.

there are multiple issues abot this incident, and moral realatism plays a huge role.

So what if black activists rasied the profile, it doesn't change that it happended and reasonable people are not comfortable with the law giving so much leeway to justify homocide.

giving so much leeway to justify homocide.

In the real world that is left up to a jury of our peers. I know the right would like to go back to the days of the Old West but

we have to realize it's 2012. Even murderers are accorded their fair trials. Putting that aside, what this inevitably will lead to

as I've posted in another thread is an innocent person, a plain clothes policeman with a family, a mother or father, or worse, a child

killed bu a stray bullet shot on the streets because of blind justice and disregard of the law as 911 tapes I've posted have already shown.

Then we'll feel sad for a while until the next one. All because we need to feel like cops ? Like we're tough guys ? Why ?

Leave the guns for protecting ones home and family from intruders.