Wicked tuna

Rate this topic

Surfsharpie

It doesn't translate to TV, but the guy who can pattern the fish and stay on them, to a degree, is the one who catches more fish. That appears to be Tuna.com.

The other guys are basically playing hunches or report chasing.

Weekend warriors- same thing.

In easily a dozen BFT specific trips 20 years ago with friends, who were report chasing, I never saw a hook up or even a mark on the sounder. Or even a boat near us hook up. And these guys were charter captains who had a lot of offshore experience and connections get intel from.

No matter how easy it looks on TV, it ain't what it looks like.

And super expensive to just play the game as you said Animal.

BIG investment just getting to the grounds.

No thanks!:D

Bait is for old men and little boys... real men plug.

^^^^^^^

Has never crossed Cape Cod bay in 6/8 ft swells. :)

Nonsense Aminal

He who tosses the chunks and watches the sounder the best catches the most tuner. Nothing more to it than that.

Weren't you listening when The Master spoke? :p

UPSM - Having been offshore quite a few times, I'll take that rock any day! At least when there is no action you can pack up and go home to dry off and hit the sack without a multiple-hour , bone jarring, fume choking, spray dodging boat ride to reward you for a rough, soggy, fish less, 6 hour stroke job.;)

C'mon, it's like when someone tells me how easy my job is because they saw me sitting at Dunkin Donuts for 10 minutes out of a 13 hour day. :p:)

"In RI there are clowns and serious people. You Matt, are in the serious people group." -RJ

SOCO Surfcasting

the key is finding that 1or2 degree warmmer water line...me and a buby were out chaseing them down in the 90's.we werent rigged for the giants but anything 200 or under we could handle.back then a full day trip would coast around 170 or so and we would bitch about that.

the key is finding that 1or2 degree warmmer water line...me and a buby were out chaseing them down in the 90's.we werent rigged for the giants but anything 200 or under we could handle.back then a full day trip would coast around 170 or so and we would bitch about that.

Nope. That's true for Yellowfins.Bluefin can handle cold water, hence the prolific Canadian fishery.

It wouldn't pay you more to walk on water,than to wear a crown of thorns,

It wouldn't pay me more to bury you rich,than to bury you poor...

Just for my own personal knowledge, what would a "buby" be? Depending on how it's pronounced and what it means, I may have hung out with a PAIR of them but never just one so I'm kinda confused here...:D

Anger is no more a requirement of killing,
than fear is a requirement of dying.

Today I will do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Just for my own personal knowledge, what would a "buby" be? Depending on how it's pronounced and what it means, I may have hung out with a PAIR of them but never just one so I'm kinda confused here...:D

thank you sharkey...but i already no my spelling sucks.:p

thank you sharkey...but i already no my spelling sucks.:p

Sorry buddy. It was early in the morning, I felt like crap and, well, I'm kind of an a-whole sometimes... My fault...:)

Anger is no more a requirement of killing,
than fear is a requirement of dying.

Today I will do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't.