soft shads

thin minnow type swimmers:

5" redfin

sp minnows

bombers

mag darters

at night a smaller 3/4 or 1oz needle fished super slow

smaller 4-5" danny plugs

don't be afraid to try some bigger plugs though!!

(*member formerly known as 'JohnB.')

Bucktails used to be my go to lure when nothing else would work. Funny, I haven't used them in such a long time. Don't really know why. I think the last time I did, I used a green or chartruese bucktail with white gulp and caught flounder from the surf --nobody else caught a thing.

I used bucktails more in the past as well. I think the tech advances with plugs and swimmers (especially swimmers) has hooked me and lured (pun heaven!) me away from them. By the way I got nothin' the other night. If this wind lays down a little I'll try again.

ive been using some freshwater lures with beefier hardware on them.  sexy swimmers and other swimbait type lures in the 4-5" range.  livetarget makes a nice saltwater grade swimbait.  larger  spinnerbaits 1/2oz+.  even soft swimbaits like yumm money minnow with the weighted offset worm hook rigged weedless.  a weightless 6" sluggo or bass kandy is pretty good when condition permit.  small smack-it poppters work well when fish are on topwater stuff.  yo-zuri minnows of any type work well.  suspending jerkbaits like x raps or husky jerks work.  small metals like the #0 deadly dick or small swedish pimples or hopkins all have their time.  if you wanna fish small there is so much that you can do. 

-Hey dumbass it's not about a kill or no kill tournament, it's about how much your 2nd favorite club can mug you! That's it...

-the reports thread is the yenta section for NJ..  

-If’n ya cut yer teeth on Ava and teaser fishing please take a seat in the back and keep quite… 

-is monkey see monkey do fishing even fun..?? 
-yes I still fish with mono..  On occasion