Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MartinO67

D BLUE RODS

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone here have any experience with the D-Blue 12' Rival MH ?.. I am looking to buy one for 8nBait use paired with a Shimano 8000 Baitrunner. Any help is much appreciated :)..

I had the 11" but sold it because the butt end was too long for my liking. I would check that before buying if that is a a concern of yours at all.

I had the 11" but sold it because the butt end was too long for my liking. I would check that before buying if that is a a concern of yours at all.

Other than the butt issue yo had was the rod a good piece of equipment otherwise?..

The 11' DBlue is 29" butt to reel stem, the 12' is 33" :shock: I had the 11' and 29" was to long for me and I sold it too. I have a 10' (24" butt to stem) and a 9' (21.5") and I like the longer than normal length on those. The 12' DBlue is max rated to 8 oz., for 8nBait maybe you want 8 in the middle? I have two 12' Tica UEHA models rated 4 to 10. They start to load around 6 and will throw 10 oz. nicely.

Other than the butt issue yo had was the rod a good piece of equipment otherwise?..

Do an SOL search. These are very reasonably priced rods that perform well and have a good rep. I've had many of the older models, the Rival is the best so far. Until I bought a Century, at 3x the DBlue price, my 10' (1-2 1/2) was my go to rod for Fluke and fall bass. You can really lay into a 2oz THex with that rod. I have a small Tica Taurus on it and it's a very light setup.

Ironicaly i found a DBlue store 1town over and i can pick up the rod and check it out before i commit. I know all to well that CTS's cost 3 x as much lol, thats why i want something different. I asked the rep and he said 8nBait is no problem on the 12 footer.. For $145 i'm gonna give it a shot...

Ironicaly i found a DBlue store 1town over and i can pick up the rod and check it out before i commit. I know all to well that CTS's cost 3 x as much lol, thats why i want something different. I asked the rep and he said 8nBait is no problem on the 12 footer.. For $145 i'm gonna give it a shot...

I loved the blank. The butt being too long can be a killer though, it wasted all the great attributes of the rod by being uncomfortable to cast for an average arm length guy like myself. I'm sure bigger guys love it but I suggest you give it the hands on before committing to buy to make sure it fits your arm length and your style of casting. The only other knock I can think of to even mention about the DBlues is they still use cone of flight guide layouts. I use braid 90% of the time so lowriders or k frames are more what I'm looking for in any new sticks. Those bigger guides also add some unneeded weight.

I loved the blank. The butt being too long can be a killer though, it wasted all the great attributes of the rod by being uncomfortable to cast for an average arm length guy like myself. I'm sure bigger guys love it but I suggest you give it the hands on before committing to buy to make sure it fits your arm length and your style of casting. The only other knock I can think of to even mention about the DBlues is they still use cone of flight guide layouts. I use braid 90% of the time so lowriders or k frames are more what I'm looking for in any new sticks. Those bigger guides also add some unneeded weight.

I have no problem cutting a few inches form the butt end if its to long, to short is another story. I have had rods that i loved that need to have the butt end extended a few inches. We shall see...