Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayBear

Mojo Surf Spinning Rods 12 ft

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Welcome Jaybear

I would also check out Ocean Master rod, they have a 12` 6-12oz rod. They are also onsale on basspro website for $130, don't know if the sale is in-store. That should save you a nice chuck of change over the Mojo.

Hope that helps.

i own this rod. Its an excellent rod for what you are looking for..I would say this rod is a much better rod than the Ocean Master which in my opinion is kind of a broom stick. As my old man used to say, you get what you paid for...

Welcome Jaybear

I would also check out Ocean Master rod, they have a 12` 6-12oz rod. They are also onsale on basspro website for $130, don't know if the sale is in-store. That should save you a nice chuck of change over the Mojo.

Hope that helps.

I like that OM too. rated 6-12, I'd say is dead on. I pretty much only chunk so 6or 8 and a hunk of meat is pretty much a 10-12 oz payload. Not sure about the ratings of the mojo vs what is can actually toss. The mojo will set yuo back double the OM. something you might want to consider too.

Many guys feel the 12 foot Mojo is overrated by quite a bit. 6 to 12 oz range it's very good but the 16 oz rating is really pushing it. If they were around the same price i would pick the Mojo but for double the price i don't think so.

Most people really like the Ocean Masters, even though they are on the stiff side which i tend to like, but some don't. If at all possible see if you can handle them before deciding, i know the Bass Pro by me has both models on the floor to compare