Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RCrowley

Is Latino a Race according to the legal position of the Obama Admin?

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Eric Holder filed a lawsuit against the state of Arizona on the charge of racial profiling. The race in question being people who are latino or hispanic.

Am I to believe latino or hispanic is a race catagory? If not who gets to break the news to the Obama admin or to La Raza?

Where are our experts on race:confused:

You need some better bait than some made up bs about racial profiling. Try again or better yet go back to modding you're doing a wonderful job.

You need some better bait than some made up bs about racial profiling. Try again or better yet go back to modding you're doing a wonderful job.

Well thats what I'm trying to find out. Is the lawsuit filed by Holder/ Obama Admin bull puckey when it's very foundation is the charge of racial profiling.

Eric Holder filed a lawsuit against the state of Arizona on the charge of racial profiling. The race in question being people who are latino or hispanic.

Am I to believe latino or hispanic is a race catagory? If not who gets to break the news to the Obama admin or to La Raza?

I would say Hispanics and Latinos are included in the race of brown-skinned people.

I may be wrong.

"Racial Profiling" does not occur only on the basis of race.

From ACLU:

"Racial Profiling" refers to the discriminatory practice by law enforcement officials of targeting individuals for suspicion of crime based on the individual's race, ethnicity, religion or national origin.

I would say Hispanics and Latinos are included in the race of brown-skinned people.

I may be wrong.

"Racial Profiling" does not occur only on the basis of race.

From ACLU:

"Racial Profiling" refers to the discriminatory practice by law enforcement officials of targeting individuals for suspicion of crime based on the individual's race, ethnicity, religion or national origin.

So all the rest of us humans who aren't "law enforcement" can racially profile?

I guess that just leaves (for the men at least) chauvinist as the last bastion of righteous indignation.

Mike should break the news to Holder

this is so stupid

the racial profiling is not based on what you ate for dinner or if you speak spanish, but rather that you are targetted by the law because you look like a mexican or guatamalen etc based on the color of yur skin, so obviously Mitt Romney is not going to be racially profiled.

No one from the PD was able to explain how they could enforce the law without racial profiling.

stupid because racial profilng doesn't apply to white hispancs - see how we are forced to use the term white hispanic to help those who assume hispanic means mixed race?